A Drawing tablet or else called a graphics tablet is a device that helps you create stunning arts and graphics digitally. Digital freehand drawing is becoming much more popular these days.
The digital tablet aids in using a pen-like device which used to draw on a canvas-like tablet. Moreover, by using drawing tablets, you can easily undo the mistakes that crawl in. These devices are helping people to become more and more creative.
Coming to the profession, many companies and industries are taking-in full-time graphic designers. These graphic designers can use these Drawing tablets to display and utilise their designing skills.
Before we get into the details of the best Drawing Tablet in India, one thing that needs to be kept in mind is that these Drawing tablets are not stand-alone devices. These need to be connected to another device(such as a PC or a Mac, even a smartphone in some cases) to work.
You can choose a drawing tablet based on your necessity and the features provided in the device. Before getting one of these best drawing tablets, I recommend you to check the buyers guide section below; so that you get a clear idea of the features you need to check in the device.
Too long; didn’t read.
If you are good at digital designing and animations and if you are looking for a device that can work with the mobile phone along with the Windows and Mac OS then Huion Inspiroy H640P and XP-Pen Deco01 V2 are perfect choices for you.
Best Drawing Tablet in India
The drawing tablet comes at different prices and features. Some features like active drawing area and compatibility of the device are essential before selecting the best drawing tablet. So considering all the vital features, I have listed the best drawing tablets in India. All you have to do is check the features you need and select a product. You can check the full features of Drawing tablets in the product reviews given below.
|Product||Active Drawing Area||Compatability||Buy Now|
|VEIKK A15 Graphics Drawing Tablet|
|10 X 6 inches||Windows & Mac|
|Wacom One by CTL-472/K0-CX Graphic Tablet||6 X 3.5 inches||Windows & Mac|
|Huion Inspiroy H640P Graphics Drawing Tablet||6.3 X 3.9 inches||Andriod|
|XP-Pen Deco01 V2 Digital Graphics Tablet||10 X 6.25 inches||Windows, Mac, & Andriod|
|Wacom Intuos Pro PTH660 Medium Graphics Tablet||8.7 X 5.8 inches||Windows, Mac, & Andriod|
|VEIKK A50 Graphic Drawing Tablet||10 X 6 inches||Windows & Mac|
|J ZoVEIKK S640 V2 Support Android Graphic Tablet||6 X 4 inches||Windows, Mac, & Andriod|
|Wacom One Digital Drawing Tablet||11.5 X 6.5 inches||Windows, Mac, & Andriod|
|Wacom Cintiq 16_DTK-1660/K1-CX Graphic Tablet||13.6 x 7.6 inches||Windows & Mac|
|HUION Drawing Monitor KAMVAS Pro 13 Pen Tablet||11.5 X 6.5 inches||Windows & Mac|
The A15, 9mm 10X6 inch graphic drawing tablet from VEIKK is best for creating beautiful digital artworks and infographics for artists. This graphics tablet is designed in such a way that it can be used for either right-handers or left-handers.
You can use this VIEKK A15 graphics drawing tablet along with any of the editing software such as Photoshop, Illustrator, Corel Painter, Comic Studio, Paintstorm studio and many more.
The device is best suitable for animators and designers.
- The tablet software or driver is very easy to install.
- The active area is impressively big and smooth.
- The hotkeys can be customised for left hand or right-hand artist.
- The product is worth its cost.
- It is not compatible with Android 9 and iPhone.
- It is not wireless and does not have Bluetooth capability.
- The quick dial is only for showing off for the quick dial option you need to get v15 Pro.
Also, check: Best laptop under 1,00,000
Also, check: WACOM One by CTL-672/K0-CX Medium Graphic Tablet.
Wacom one is another simple yet elegant digital tablet by CTL. Wacom has developed different drawing tablets to suit different people.
This device is well suited for beginners who wish to start small and at a lesser price. You can also get the same product at bigger sizes. The device is also best suitable for teachers and students for writing on the screen.
- Simple and easy to use the device.
- Reasonable price for the features.
- You can use it to work along with different software like Photoshop, SAI, etc..
- Fits in hand like an iPad which is the best for teachers and students.
- It has buttons only on the Stylus.
- The device is not wireless and does not have WiFi or Bluetooth technology.
- The package doesn’t include a drawing glove, and it only has three additional nibs.
Also, check: Best Earphones in India
The Huion Inspiroy H640P is one of the best drawing tablets for beginners.
This device not only suits beginners but also pro digital designers and artists can use this device to create beautiful arts and also this product is best suitable for those who wish to make digital arts through mobile phones.
- Very flexible and easy to use.
- Can also be used for writing purposes.
- This Stylus is very lightweight and works very fast.
- It comes with a pen stand and the nib remover.
- Not compatible with IOS.
- The device is not Bluetooth capable.
- The artist’s glow is not included.
Also, check: Best Mesh Wifi in india
The XP-Pen deco01 V2 is another best graphics drawing tablet which can work with any of your devices like Windows, Mac and even Android.
This device is best suitable for professional artists who work long hours on digital arts.
- The device is Android supported by an OTG connection.
- The tablet can even be used for taking notes and writing.
- The OTG for type-c and micro USB are also available with the package.
- The overall device is very light in weight.
- The device is not compatible with the iPad.
- The device is not wireless and does not have BlueTooth connectivity.
- The drawing surface is not glossy and smooth enough.
Also, check: Best Smart TV under 15000
The Wacom Intuos Pro is an advanced one among the best Graphics tablets available.
This elegant product comes with 8192 levels of pressure sensitivity and is specially designed to avoid any lag in taking input.
This device is a little pricey and has many features and functionalities included in it, and it is best suitable if you are a pro designer or an artist.
- The device is Ultra-sleek and comes with the best build quality.
- The pen is very lightweight, and the performance is excellent.
- It includes Bluetooth for wireless connectivity.
- Easily Switch on or off multi-touch feature.
- The product is pricey, and it is not for beginners.
- Not compatible with iPad and iPhone.
- Not compatible with Android.
Also, check: Best Graphic card in india
The VIEKK A50 drawing tablet is another best product which comes with the pressure sensitivity of 8192 levels.
If you are looking for a graphics tablet which helps you easily scroll and zoom while creating arts, then this is best suitable for you.
- Very easy to use the device.
- Can be used with the majority of software.
- Very affordable price with great features.
- Even though not specified the device is also capable of recognizing tilt.
- You can also use it as a mouse and as a writing pad.
- Not compatible with Android.
- And also not compatible with iPhone or iPad.
- The buttons of the pen are small in size.
The S640 V2 is another best drawing tablet from VEIKK, which is compatible with any kind of devices such as Windows Mac and even Android.
If you are a beginner and if you are looking for a product at a low cost that works fine with all your devices, then the S640 is a perfect choice for you.
- Simple and elegant design.
- Very easy to use.
- The product is worth its price.
- Compatible with any drawing software.
- Not compatible with iPhone and iPad.
- No Bluetooth connectivity.
- Does not include customizable hotkeys.
The Wacom One DTC133W0C is a display tablet that comes with the best features and sleek design. The display comes at 13.3inches, which has natural surface friction that helps you draw effortlessly.
This is best suitable for Architects, engineers and professional artists who make their passion for digital drawings.
- The screen is very smooth and feels like a paper canvas.
- Compatible with a wide range of devices.
- Comes with natural till support.
- It can also be used as an extended display for devices.
- The product is pricey.
- No Bluetooth or WiFi option.
- Finger touch does not work, and multi-touch is also not available.
Cintiq 16 comes with a great display which is perfectly equipped with the best creative software to help you begin your journey as an Illustrator.
This device is perfect for professionals in art and design, moreover its smooth and natural friction surface makes it easier to create beautiful art.
- Comes with a scratch-resistant and anti-glare surface
- Comes with an HDMI connection cable
- Tilt recognition is available
- Less parallax effect compared to other devices
- The multi-touch feature is not available
- The device is very pricey even for the features available
- Heavy in weight.
The screen of the device comes with a full laminated anti-glare glass panel which gives you real and natural drawing experience. This device is perfect for drawing photography animation sketching editing for beginners to professionals.
This device is capable of detecting 60-degree tilt.
- The device screen is anti-glare glass.
- The package also comes with a stand.
- It comes with a 3 in 1 cable.
- It also includes replacement nibs.
- Not compatible with iPhone and iPad.
- Does not include Bluetooth connectivity.
- The multi-touch feature is not available.
Best Drawing Tablets in India – Buyers Guide
1. What is a drawing tablet?
The drawing tablet is a device which uses fluid motion and natural Positioning of a stylus or a pen to use instead of a mouse to draw realistic digital art and designs as if you are using a pen or a pencil.
The drawing tablet is connected to your computer with the USB or HDMI. Once you have connected the tablet, the pen will be automatically powered. And whatever you write or draw on the tablet screen that will appear on the computer screen.
2. What is the difference between drawing tablet vs Graphics Tablet vs Digital Writing pad Vs Pen Tablet
Well, all the Graphic tablets and Writing pads and Pen tablets serve the same purpose that is drawing digitally. They are named according to the purpose and their appearance. The graphics tablet is meant to be a tablet with a screen you can draw on, while a drawing tablet for a professional drawing is one which requires a computer to run along with.
While the digital writing pad or the pen tablet has a digital screen which helps you see what you draw, the drawing tablet, on the other hand, has its benefits too like they do not block your vision with your hand and also they are built to last for a long time.
3. Advantages of drawing tablet
When compared to digital tablets or any other digital drawing devices, the drawing tablets have better features even though they are low in cost.
- The Drawing tablets come at lower prices.
- They are meant to last for a good life span.
- On the drawing tablets, you can draw any art without the trouble of the parallax effect.
- Moreover, you will not be blocking your vision with your hand while using a drawing tablet.
- All the drawing tablets come with an active stylus which has buttons to change from the left and right keys along with the pen modes.
4. Software Downloading Time:
The drawing tablets will come with built-in drivers for different devices such as Windows, Mac or Android. For instance, if you connect the tablet to your PC using a USB, then the tablet is automatically detected, and the drivers get installed in your PC.
You just need to wait until the device installs the necessary drivers into the PC. Once the drivers get installed in your PC, you can restart your PV and start using your tablet.
5. Key Features to look before buying the drawing tablet!
As for any other input devices, drawing tablets also need to be checked for some key features before you buy. Reviewing the key features will give you an idea of the overall product’s functionality. So here are the significant features that you can check in a drawing tablet before purchasing one.
1. Pressure Sensitivity:
The pressure sensitivity of the drawing tablet is one crucial factor you need to consider before getting a new drawing tablet. The pressure sensitivity of a drawing tablet is calculated in levels. Unlike the ordinary Mousepads, the drawing tablets are designed in such a way that they can detect any kind of pressure on the surface.
If you are a professional artist, then you should be very cautious while checking the pressure sensitivity of the device. The drawing tablets with good pressure sensitivity will give best and professional drawing experiences. Unlike the devices with low-pressure sensitivity can be chosen if you wish to draw simple sketches. The devices with high-pressure sensitivity are costlier than the drawing tablets that come with less pressure sensitivity
Size of the drawing tablet is also an essential factor to be considered for professional artists. Generally, the drawing tablets come in different sizes based on the cost of the device. If you wish to get large sizes, then you need to spend extra money on your devices, or else you can also spend money on smaller devices with greater resolutions for better drawing experiences.
- Size of the device: The Drawing tables generally come in different sizes based on user requirements and resolution. The size of the device is the overall size of the tablet, including the surrounding area.
- Size of the active drawing area: The size of the drawing area that only includes the active area where you actually draw with a stylus or a pen on the drawing tablet is called the size of the acting active drawing area. Before checking the size of the drawing tablets, you should not get confused between the active drawing area size with the overall device size. Most of the products show the size of the device, including the surrounding area and the tablet casing.
Along with the size and the pressure sensitivity, the screen resolution also plays a significant role in deciding the quality of your drawing tablet. The more the resolution of your drawing tablet is, the more accurate and better can the drawing tablet perform.
If you wish to have a device that helps you draw beautiful art or anything else you can have one which has good resolution. You can go for less-resolution tablets if you are not into professional skills or realistic drawings.
- What Does LPI Resolution Mean For A Graphics Tablet?
The LPI is a measurement term for the resolution of graphics tablets. LPI means lines per inch which depicts the number of digital lines that can fit in one inch of the tablet screen of your graphics tablet.
Your drawings will be more professional and accurate when the LPI of your graphics tablet is more. For example, if you consider graphic tablets of LPI 50 and 150, respectively.
A 50 LPI graphics tablet can be used to draw an image that will visually show more dots than a 150 LPI graphics tablet. In the 150 LPI graphics tablet, the dots are very close enough that improve the clarity and resolution of the final output.
- What Is Report Rate Speed(RPS) For A Tablet?
The RPS for a graphics tablet is Report Rate Speed which is also an essential factor. It signifies at what rate the data is transferred from the graphics tablet to the computer through the USB cable. That is when you touch the graphics pad with Stylus or a pen the number of times the data is sent to the computer for every pressure and position on the graphics tablet is called the RPS.
The report rate speed will determine the fastness and shapes of the finest curves that you draw on the graphics pad.
The responsiveness determines the speed of the graphics tablet. When you draw something on your graphics tablet, the speed at which it is recognised and displayed on your computer screen represents the responsiveness of the graphics tablet.
Even though the responsiveness of the graphics tablet depends on the drivers used and the software installed in the graphics tablet it also depends on the speed of the CPU and RAM of your computer so before getting a device, it is also important to check the responsiveness to match with your computer specifications.
5. Stylus Types Or Tablet Pen Type
Generally, the drawing tablet comes only with Stylus pens; you cannot use your hand or any other tool to write or draw on the graphics tablet. These stylus pens work with some electric power. The type of Stylus depends on the type of power source of the pen. Usually, the stylus pens come in three different types which are battery-powered, rechargeable and the EMR stylus.
- Battery-powered Stylus: The battery power stylus is usually bulky because of the inclusion of the battery. Even though it looks bulky, it is not different from any other style in the case of responsiveness and sensitivity. The advantage of using a battery-powered stylus is that you do not need to recharge your pen very often.
- Rechargeable Stylus: A rechargeable stylus is the same as your mobile phone. You need to recharge your Stylus whenever it is out of power. Unlike the battery-powered styluses, these are not bulky, and can you easily fit in hands to improve the drawing effectiveness.
- Emr Stylus: The EMR stylus is another type of Stylus which does not require any power source that is a battery or a rechargeable. It is directly powered by the electromagnetic frequencies that are transferred directly from the tablet itself. Most of the recent graphics tablets include this type of styluses in their design.
6. Tablet Buttons or Controls and customizability
The buttons and controls for tablets are way more important than any other features the tablet includes. The tablet buttons are otherwise called as hotkeys or Express keys.
Almost all the tablets come with buttons on the tablet and also the Stylus included.
The best thing about the buttons and controls is that they can be customised into your preferred function, that is you can enable your buttons on the tablet and the Stylus to perform the specific actions.
If you are creating a Masterpiece, then you need to use different tools on the graphics tool not only just a regular pen or a sketch. Moreover, you need to switch back between different tools and functions to create Great art. By enabling the buttons on the graphics tablet to perform various tasks, you can switch between different tools and functions easy and fast.
7. Advanced Features: Multi-Touch and tilt recognition
Some of the tablets also come with advanced features like multi-touch. Having the multi-touch feature in your graphics tablet helps you in scrolling and zooming your screen from the tablet itself.
Tilt recognition is also another feature that is available in some advanced graphics tablets. There will be a separate sensor included in the Stylus which recognises the tilt in the pen when you are drawing or creating art. This feature will best suit if you are a professional artist.
As you draw on a paper, you could tell the difference between a straight line and a slant line. The same way having tilt recognised in the graphics tablet will help you create different lines as you would make on an ordinary paper.
Usually, the graphic tablets come with USB ports included. You can connect the USB port through the cable to your computer which transfers data. Most of the graphics tablets are directly through the USB cable; hence there is no need of any other ports.
9. Wireless Connectivity
Even though most of the graphics tablets come with USB connectivity, you can also search for wireless connectivity graphics tablets. Usually, the wireless connectivity graphics tablets come with Bluetooth wireless technology.
Before getting a graphics tablet, you also need to check the accessories that come along with the device. The accessories such as anti-fouling gloves, screen protectors and pen holders are more important to protect your graphics tablet for longer life. Also, make sure that you get the correct adaptors and USB cables along with the product.
It is better to search for 3 in 1 cable, as shown in the figure above. Even though many graphic tablets do not come with a separate power connection, if you are choosing to display a tablet, you will need a power connector along with USB connectors to the computer. Separate cables may become messy.
- For desktop PC or laptop: The graphics tablets are compatible with almost all the devices with USB adaptors that can be connected to either a Windows desktop or a Mac. Almost all the devices are capable of connecting with your PC.
- For Android: Some tablets are compatible with Android along with your PC. Before getting a graphics tablet, you need to make sure that it comes with compatible software for either your Android or your PC.
12. Battery Time
Even though the latest models of graphic tablets do not come with a battery included Stylus, there are other devices which support the battery.
Well considering graphic tablets which come with battery stylus you also need to consider the battery time. The battery included for the rechargeable stylus is heavily powered with long-lasting MaH capabilities in most of the graphic tablets.
13. Your Budget
The more features you wish for, the more costly where the product becomes you can consider the product and the features that should include in your product based on your budget for example if you wish to have a high-resolution graphic tablet with greater LPI you need to put on a decent budget. There are also graphic tablets available in the market as we have listed above that comes with great resolutions and quality at budget.
14. Does this drawing tablet serve your “PurPose”?
The drawing tablets are not just used for drawing simple arts, but they are used in different industries for different purposes.
- Illustrators, Animators, Photographers & Graphic Designers
With the invention of drawing tablets, graphic designs and animations are made much easier for illustrators and animators. Mini digital art is using the drawing tablets because of the ability to move the Stylus easily around to create realistic designs.
- Industrial Design, Architects & Engineers
With the digitalisation of the industries, the necessity for industrial design and Architects to be developed in digital formats is also being increased. With the advent of drawing tablets, the tasks are becoming easy for Architects and engineers to build digital architectures and engineering designs.
- Medical & Healthcare
For Medical and Health Care requirements, the documentation of medical prescriptions can be quickly signed and referred through using the graphic tablets.
- Education & Training and Online Teaching
For education and training purposes, these graphic tablets help in easily demonstrating the classes on the digital screens. The graphic tablets come in aid to the teachers to easily move the pointer over the screen using the Stylus.
Online teaching is one major thing where you can not visually explain everything showing your finger. So the Graphics tablet, which comes handy helps in writing notes and highlighting important lines over the screen itself.
- Business & Office
These graphic tablets are also being used in businesses and offices for tutorials and presentation purposes. The same as in education, for businesses also you can use graphic tablets to point out important Lines or writing notes on the PC screen using the drawing tablet.
- GIS Mapping & Control Systems
For Geophysicists and civil engineers, the Graphics tablets will come in handy for GIS mapping. The geographic information systems and control systems require accurate coordinates, and the graphic tablets help in creating detailed maps and graphics to analyse data.
15. Display vs Non-Display Tablets
- Display Tablet: Even though we are majorly discussing the non-display tablets in this post, there are also drawing tablets which have a display on them. These display tablets are very generally developed for accurate drawing; they are nothing more than a smartphone. They come with a touch screen with glass display where you can visually see what you are drawing.
- Non-display Tablets: The non-display tablets are those that do not come with a display. You will only see a plain black screen on the non-display tablets or else evenly distributed dots that help you recognize the spots where you need to draw. This is more likely a mouse pad of a laptop but with more sensitivity.
16. Best Drawing tablet brands in India
- Wacom: Wacom is one of the trusted brands which artists prefer for Digital drawing tablets. They also have an excellent support team to deal with any kind of problem you face. They have developed many digital products that are better quality than any other brand in India.
- Huion: The Huion has been building graphic tablets for many years now if you wish to purchase a budget laptop that works well for even professional use, then this brand is the perfect choice for you. Huion is best in producing high-quality devices and also provides better manufacturing support.
- Xp-Pen: The Xp-Pen which was founded in 2005 has been developing itself, and since then it has developed best digital devices. The products from Xp-Pen are standing as replacements for many top brands.
- VEIKK: VEIKK is another popular brand in India which is a professional in creating different digital input devices for computers. Their main accessories include drawing tablets and display tablets.
17. How to Draw on a Tablet Best drawing tablet for beginners information
Well, the specifications of the device also depend on your necessity. You can decide your device compatibility and tablet buttons based on the type of art or designs you wish to draw using a digital tablet. If you are a beginner here are some of the videos which guide you on how to use these drawing tablets.
7 Reasons Why Tablet is Better than a Mouse!
We have covered the best drawing tablets that are available in India. I hope that this guide helps you in choosing your desired device to create masterpieces.
We have listed these items based on different aspects, and all the products given above are of good quality. For any suggestions and inquiries about the best drawing tablet in India, feel free to reach us in the comment section below.