Whether you’ve just bought a brand new Yamaha soundbar and need a TV to complement, or you simply can’t take another movie night at home with poor sound quality.
There are three easy ways to connect Yamaha Soundbars to a TV
- Using optical cable
- Using HDMI
I have explained all the steps in detail below.
If you haven’t purchased a soundbar yet, then you may be thinking whether your TV is compatible with one. There are several ways to connect a Yamaha soundbar with a TV. Some will provide better audio than others, while others may be limited by the connections on your soundbar and TV. When they do not line up, audio converters will be needed to get your TV sound out of your TV.
How do I connect my Yamaha soundbar to my TV?
The Yamaha soundbar can be connected with your television by using HDMI or optical cable. If your TV supports Bluetooth, you can also use it; otherwise, you can purchase an adaptor.
Here is the list of ways you can connect Yamaha soundbar to TV.
The optical cable
The optical cable is quickly becoming one of the most common methods of connecting your soundbar to your television. If you’re wondering how to connect a Yamaha soundbar to a TV via an optical connection. It’s simple to do, and it makes a better, clearer sound. Let us walk you through the easy process of connecting the soundbar to the TV using an optical cable.
- For connecting both devices through the use of an optical cable, you must first turn both devices off. You can also do the same with both devices switched on, but the risk of receiving a shock is greater.
- When confirming that both devices are turned off, plug one end of the optical cable into the TV’s output. The other side of the cable must be inserted into the soundbar’s input source. When you plug the optical cable into the incorrect input or output, you won’t be capable of connecting the TV and
- To play things properly, set the soundbar’s input to optic.
- You may do a sound test before beginning your jam session. It may take a little time for the music to begin playing.
- Every TV is unique and has its own set of settings; therefore, if you use a soundbar other than a Yamaha, the settings will vary. You may learn about the differences in settings by visiting the official websites of each brand.
If you connect your smartphone to the soundbar using Bluetooth, everything you listen to on your smartphone will just be played by the soundbar. Similarly, TVs feature Bluetooth, which makes life a little simpler. Let’s go through a few procedures for connecting the Yamaha soundbar to the TV via Bluetooth.
- Bluetooth should be enabled on your TV and Yamaha soundbar.
- Navigate to your TV’s Bluetooth settings and look for your Yamaha soundbar.
- Choose a soundbar and connect it with it.
- The TV and Yamaha soundbar will be connected after they have been matched.
- If you do not have a bluetooth option, buying and connecting a simple bluetooth adapter can solve the problem.
You must determine the HDMI choices in each TV. Let’s take a glance at how to connect the soundbar to the TV through HDMI ARC:
- Check just on the back of your TV for the HDMI ARC port; typically, the ports are labeled, so it shouldn’t be difficult to find.
- Turn on HDMI.
- Connect the cable to the soundbar, then navigate to your TV’s settings. Allow the HDMI connection by going to the HDMI option.
- Switch to sound bar mode.
- Using the remote control, set the soundbar to output mode. You may listen to music and view movies after the connection is established.
How do I connect my Yamaha soundbar to my TV without HDMI?
If your TV lacks HDMI connections, an optical cable will be the next best option for connecting your soundbar. This connection may also transmit digital audio. The sound quality generated by optical cables is exceptional, and it is compatible with surround sound systems.
While HDMI connections can transmit high-quality audio for 7.1 surround sound systems, optical cables can only support compressed 5.1 surround sound systems. If an HDMI connection is not accessible, the next best alternative is to use an optical cable.
If your TV lacks HDMI or Optical connections, the easiest method to connect them is using RCA cords. These will be the basic red and white ports seen on older televisions. However, most modern televisions will offer more choices.
How do I connect my Yamaha YAS to my TV?
Simply connect the HDMI or if available optical connection between the soundbar and TV, and ensure that the soundbar/subwoofer is connected into a power socket.
In most cases, once you switch on the TV and soundbar, they will be connected/set-up. Similarly, if a soundbar has a wireless subwoofer, you shouldn’t have to do anything to connect them—they’re pre-paired. If not, there should be clear directions on how to proceed and/or troubleshoot. It should also apply to any additional satellite speakers which come with more sophisticated yamaha soundbars.
Most latest TVs can automatically transmit audio through to the soundbar when connected through HDMI ARC/EARC, meanwhile turning off the TV’s inbuilt speakers. However, as previously said, you may need to enable “HDMI CEC” in the settings to connect the TV remote for power and volume.
If your TV has various output options, including such Dolby Digital, DTS, and so on, it’s usually preferable to use the Auto function, which allows the TV to choose the optimum option.
How do I connect my Yamaha ATS 1080 to my Samsung TV?
If you want to connect your Yamaha ATS 1080 to your Samsung TV, use the following methods:
Connecting your soundbar to the TV with an HDMI connection will provide you with the best sound quality available. HDMI connections carry sound digitally, and the digital audio signal goes both ways, improving sound quality and signal delay. To connect the soundbar with the TV, follow the instructions below.
- Get an HDMI cable ready.
- Connect HDMI cable to the HDMI IN port on the TV.
- Connect the other end of the cable to the soundbar’s HDMI OUT port.
- Power on the soundbar and choose D.IN as the input.
- The sound from the TV will just be played through the soundbar.
The optical cable
- Switch on TV and soundbar.
- Press on the source button which is available on the soundbar,
- Configure and select the soundbar to the D.IN option.
- Connect one end of the digital optical cable to the TV’s OPTICAL OUT port as well as the other end of the soundbar OPTICAL IN port to the soundbar.
- On the TV, go to the Settings menu.
- Select Sound, followed by Sound Output.
- Choose Audio Out/Optical.
A Bluetooth connection does not provide the same sound quality as HDMI connectivity, but it is a very popular way to connect due to its portability. The major issue which is encountered by a lot of users who use Bluetooth connectivity is that the connection may become unreliable as a result of various factors such as a short circuit, power cut or any other electrical issues.
- Select the Source button on the soundbar
- Then choose “BT” from the drop-down menu.
- “BT” will turn to “BT PAIRING” after some time, or “BT READY” if there is still a connection record.
- When bluetooth is ready displayed on the soundbar press the Source button
- Then go to the TV’s Settings menu.
- Select Sound
- Then select Sound Output.
- Go to the Bluetooth Speaker List.
- From the list, pick your soundbar
- Then select your soundbar from the list
- Select Pair and Connect.
Soundbars provide good quality sound and they unquestionably improve a user’s audio experience. However, understanding how to connect a Yamaha soundbar to a television may be difficult. It’s not as difficult as it seems; you only need to follow a few steps. We’ve discussed several ways by which you can easily connect the soundbar to the TV. It should not be that tough as you follow the step-by-step instructions.