A graphics card is computer hardware designed to render images onto the screen. It has become an essential component for PC gamers and video editors because it supports a wide range of visuals, graphics, and effects. The best graphics cards in India come with upgraded RAM configurations that help make the display more sharp, vivid, and realistic.
The best graphics cards in India are used in a wide range of laptops and desktop PCs specially designed for gaming. It helps to increase the FPS (frames per second) of a game that provides a lag-free and fantastic experience for the gamers. Also, with the help of newly added chipsets, the colour reproduction of the graphics cards increases to a high range that is helpful for image and video editing. And not to forget a good gaming monitor also comes in place, while you are streaming High-end games.
For a variety of applications and services, two types of graphics cards used nowadays. They are as follows:
- Integrated graphics card: They are the inbuilt graphics cards present on the motherboard for display and necessary computer activities.
- Discrete graphics card: They are present as an external component in the PC, which can be changed and upgraded according to the user’s requirements. They used for powerful gaming, photoshop, and professional video editing. The best graphics card for streaming and graphics design comes under this category. The discrete graphics consist of higher and dedicated memory. It supports a wide range of latest games with rendering graphics and dynamic textures that give a realistic gaming experience to the players.
You should keep in mind certain things when you are planning to buy a graphics card for your computer. These characteristics will help you to understand and compare the best graphics card in 2021. They are as follows:
However, if you want to select anyone for a powerful processor and gaming, we suggest the ZOTAC GEFORCE RTX 2080 Ti 11GB GDDR6 Graphics Card for the ultimate gaming experience.
On the contrary, if you are planning to buy within an affordable budget, then you can opt for the MSI GeForce GTX 1660 Ti Ventus XS 6G OC GDDR6 Gaming Graphic Card. It has a lower price and is suitable both for gaming and multiple video editing applications.
Things to consider before the best graphic card
- Memory: It is one of the essential characteristics of a graphics card that determines the output quality and any application’s performance. The greater the memory, the greater is the smoothness of the gaming. As most of the games run on high-end graphics and textures, having a good memory capacity of the graphics card is necessary.
- Shader core: It helps to provide proper and accurate textures for your application while you are using the graphics card. It adjusts the contrast levels and provides a higher dynamic range due to which it gives a realistic effect on the screen. The shader cores are responsible for maintaining the resolution of the screen. With an increase in the resolution, the sharpness and the quality of the display also increases.
- Bandwidth: It is the amount of memory accessible by the graphics processing unit for a particular instant of time. The greater the bandwidth, the easier it is to work and use graphics related applications like gaming, photoshop, and editing.
- Power consumption and cooling: Since graphics cards used to process data and deliver output, they are required to estimate the heat output. This is done by the TDP (Thermal design power). If your TDP is high, then your PC will need more cooling fans and hence more power consumption. It is essential to keep your motherboard and the graphics processing unit cool for smooth performance and durability.
Best Graphics Card in India 2021
Here, we have summarised and made a table listing all the specifications and warranty for the best graphics cards in 2021 that can be an ideal fit for your PC. You will need to have a detailed view of the features and the graphics cards’ specifications that will meet your requirements and usage.
The better the graphics card’s configuration, the more powerful it is to provide the best output to its users in terms of quality and performance.
Now, let us look at the detailed review of each product.
1. ZOTAC Gaming GEFORCE RTX 2080 Ti 11GB Twin Fan 11GB GDDR6 Graphics Card: Perfect for High-End Gaming
This ZOTAC gaming GEFORCE graphics card comes with a PCI express X8 hardware interface beneficial to the next-generation GDDR6 memory.
This is one of the best graphics cards in India that runs the videos and games in a full HD resolution screen with a crisp and clear display.
- The fan does not make unnecessary noise while in operation.
- The Output display is the best with a crisp and clear view for streaming full HD videos.
- The Latest and high-end games played at high FPS even with the highest settings.
- Efficient GPU utilisation according to the application requirement
- Die-cast metal jack offers protection for structural strength.
- Optimal balance between quality and performance for a real-time gaming experience
- The price is a bit high as compared to graphical specifications.
- Gets heated up during high-end application usage
- The Active fan control mechanism is not up to the mark.
Also Read: Best SSD Laptops in India
2. MSI GeForce RTX 2070 Super Gaming X Trio 8GB GDDR6 Gaming Graphic Card; Optimal Performance for Gaming Experience
This MSI Geforce super gaming X trio gaming graphics card comes with RTX super cores that provide six times faster performance as compared to the older ten series GPUs.
The MSI’s mystic light software allows controlling the elegant RGB light effects present in the side of the graphics card.
- Most of the games can run in 4K resolution with 60 FPS.
- Mystic lights give a special RGB gaming effect adding elegant looks to the graphics card.
- Runs exceptionally silent and is a value for money graphic card.
- Metallic design with a compact size that is easy to install and set up with the PC.
- GeForce gaming platform is helpful to keep the drivers updated from time to time.
- Heating issues and high power consumption during the highest performance.
- The Metal back plate’s quality is not up to the mark.
- RGB mystic light does not perform well after software updates.
Also Read: Best laptop under 1 lakh
This GDDR6 super AMP gaming graphics card comes with an 8 GB memory that takes advantage of the NVIDIA Turing architecture with 2560 Cuda cores.
It is compatible with the Windows operating system and supports the boost speed engine up to a frequency of 1830 Mhz.
- Top class internal cooling design at this price range.
- Suitable for live online video streaming with accurate and minute details.
- Supports multiple applications at a time with full compatibility.
- Triple 90 mm fans provide proper cooling that can be user-controlled.
- Premium metallic finish optimal for graphical gaming performance.
- Sometimes gives out a rattling sound during startup.
- Gets heated up too much during high power consumption.
- Few of the application does not perform well after software updates.
This is a super-mini 8 GB graphics card that has a metal wraparound backplate with 4K ready display.
It also comes with a wide range of customisation options where users can vary the level of output performance for the installed application.
- Small, powerful and compact graphics card.
- Compatible with a wide range of processors of different brands.
- The Metallic backplate with the unique design helps to keep it protected.
- Software updates give a new experience for gaming.
- Turing architecture boosts frame rates for high-end applications.
- Heating issues while GPU benchmark tests.
- The fan makes a weird noise when highly heated up.
- Ice storm 2.0 does not work efficiently after software updates.
Also Read: Best Home Theatre System in India
The MSI Geforce Ventus graphics card has a dedicated memory of 6 GB that is ideally suited for smooth and tear-free gameplay.
If you are planning to buy a graphics card within this budget, then this MSI powered graphics card can be the ideal choice for your computer.
- Steeper curved blades for Torx fan 2.0 for smart cooling.
- The High and smooth refresh rate for 1080p monitors.
- Compact and ideal size for mini ITX cabinet.
- Gaming compatibility is better as compared to its competitors.
- GeForce updates and experience keeps the software updated.
- Traceable coil whine while in operation for high-end gaming.
- A bit pricey graphics card from a specification point of view.
- Heating and overclocking problems in the initial stages of installation.
Also Read: Best 43 inch 4K TV in India
This Zotac RTX gaming card comes with a dedicated memory of 6GB that is ideal for performing high-end functions for your pc.
The card does not produce any sound even on overclocking and keeps the consistency of the frames per second for a lag-free experience.
- The Good overclocking speed with minimal noise.
- No drop-in frame rates for the latest high end games online streaming.
- Compatible with back end multiple applications and programs.
- Drivers keep updating from time to time with the Geforce Experience.
- Shader quality is very good with a realistic anti-aliasing effect.
- Well built small and compact metallic body of 1.1 kgs.
- Has high heating issues during voltage fluctuations.
- Sometimes get stuck and makes the computer restart forcibly.
- Costlier graphics card from price and specification point of view.
This is one of the best graphics cards under Rs 30000 that comes with a memory of 6 GB and a 192-bit memory interface.
It weighs around 669 grams and with a smart metallic well built, durable body.
- Compatible with different processors and increases the efficiency of old processors.
- Good benchmark testing for games like racing, adventure without any lag.
- Smart AI detection for a greater anti-aliasing effect for the games.
- Software updates keep the MSI chipset stabilised and error-free.
- Nvidia control panel helps in V sync and Geforce 3 D vision.
- Twin graphics fan creates buzzing noise during high-end games.
- Power consumption is high as compared to the other MSI graphics card.
- Torx fan 2.0 cooling feature stops after the software update.
This belongs to the GTX family graphics card that comes paired with 6 Gb of ram and 1536 CUDA cores.
Most of the high-end applications and videos run at 60 frames per second by default, keeping the quality of the display intact.
- No blurry image production even at 60 FPS gaming.
- Colour reproduction and contrast levels are natural and sharp.
- Good engine boost speed suited for benchmark testing.
- Available at a reasonable price with 6 GB memory.
- Complex Lumetri corrections and rescaling work even at the highest memory settings.
- The cooling system with the Torx fan 2.0 Dual function fails on software updates.
- Nvidia control panel fails to detect and test the graphics card in the beginning.
- Screen gets back out upon excessive heating and needs to restart.
This is one of the best graphics cards under Rs 20000 that comes with a GDDR5 memory of 4 Gb.
There are no such heating issues when using a high-end motherboard processor with this Gigabyte Geforce graphics card.
- Suitable for entry-level gamers at this price.
- No pixelated output display even at the highest setting display.
- Efficient cooling system for graphics-based applications.
- Does not require any external power source for operation.
- Installing the drivers is an issue for the graphics card.
- Has software compatibility issues.
- A significant drop in frames during the gaming benchmark test.
This GTX Geforce 1050 Ti graphics card comes with an internal memory of 4 Gb and 7 GHz clock memory.
The CUDA cores make complex graphical calculations and are responsible for converting data in and out of the central processing unit.
- Available at a reasonable price with 768 CUDA cores.
- Ultra HD support for output displays at 1080p.
- Nvidia Pascal architecture offers the best anti-aliasing effect and smoothness.
- Five years of warranty upon ZOTAC registration on their website.
- Low power consumption and does not take much space inside the CPU.
- Virtual reality support not up to the mark
- Frames rates drop while playing games and videos at 1440p.
- Fans give out rattling noise during long hours of operation.
- Has heating issues with the PCI slot.
This is one of the best graphics cards under Rs 10000 that is affordable and comes with a 2 GB of DDR5 memory. It weighs 272 grams approximately and has a single cooling fan for heat dissipation.
It also supports the 4 K ready display along with the HDR feature for vivid colour and improved brightness.
- One of the cheapest graphics cards in all price segments.
- Low power consumption with a 60-hertz refresh rate.
- Acceptable frame rates for high-end games with medium settings.
- Improved GTX architecture with AORUS graphics engine for stabilisation.
- Good form factor with a small and robust design.
- Drivers provided with the card are outdated and needs to be updated online.
- Overclocking can sometimes lead to restarting of the computer forcibly.
- Output gaming quality is not so high as compared to its superior competitors.
- Fan rotation gets stuck often after BIOS update.
A graphics card can significantly help to improve the performance of your computer that can be beneficial for different applications. That is why it is essential to understand the working and the features of different graphics cards and their brands that will help to buy the best one according to your requirement.
That’s all, I hope I have provided enough information on graphics cards to make your purchase worth the price. But, If you still face any problem in choosing one, please comment below, I love to help you 🙂
Best Graphics Card in India – Buyers Guide
Following are the most important things to know before buying a graphics card
Nvidia and AMD: These are the two leading brands that produce a variety of graphics cards with regular software updates and fixes. When it comes to output quality and vision, Nvidia has the top-notch over the competitors in the market. On the contrary, when it comes to compatibility and performance, AMD performs a superior job as a graphics processing unit.
Memory: This is important while you are choosing the GPU for gaming. The memory measured in gigabytes that plays a crucial role in the game optimisation for a smooth performance. It recommended buying a graphics card with at least 2 GB of memory for simple tasks and 8 GB for gaming.
Motherboard: A good graphics card will require powerful processors for GPU utilisation. It recommended that you use an octa-core processor for the latest graphics cards in 2021 that will increase the performance of your PC.
Clock speed: It is the operating speed of a processor by which it is capable of performing tasks and running applications. Good clock speed will increase the frame rates per second and provide a lag-free environment for the GPU architecture.
Connector Pins: Most of the graphics cards come with a PCI Express X 16 slot that can provide a power of 75 watts for regular gaming. However if your graphics card consumes more than 75 watts, then it comes with a six-pin or eight-pin connector for top-end gaming performance.
Freqently Asked Questions on the best graphic cards in India
Is it possible to play high-end games on a low configuration graphics card?
Yes, it is possible to play high-end games on a low specification graphics card. There will be a reduction in the FPS due to the fewer specifications. But if you adjust the settings to the optimal performance and keep the drivers updated, the performance of the game improves to a greater extent.
Is it possible to change the graphics card from DDR2 to DDR3?
It depends upon your processor compatibility. It is possible to upgrade your graphics card. You should have an expansion slot and required connectors for the new graphics to fit into your computer.
Do driver updates increase graphics performance?
Yes, updating the graphics driver improves GPU performance and fixes bugs or glitches. It also helps to provide a wide range of suitable options to choose from quality to the performance. So it is recommended to keep a check on the updates and get notified from time to time.
Does graphics card heating damage the motherboard?
Most of the high-end graphics cards come with dual fans to enhance the cooling system. But in some cases, due to low processing units and architecture, the cards consume more energy and get heated up to a very great extent on enormous gaming.
So it is recommended that you run the games and programs according to the compatibility and capacity of the graphics card.
How to increase the FPS of a gaming application?
Due to Graphics processing unit specifications, the performance and frames per second (FPS) of a game can vary. If there are lags during the gameplay, then it recommended switching to low settings with reduced textures and ambient occlusion.
This will improve the speed of the application to some extent. Also, you can change the settings of the graphics processor from quality to performance for a significant increase in FPS.
How many cooling fans are required for tough gaming?
Minimum 2 Cooling fans are required for gaming purposes. They keep the processing unit cool and remove hot air from the computers. They are made with precision and sharp blades that maximise airflow.