The SSD drives are taking over the traditional Hard disk drives, and external SSDs are becoming a part of our necessary tech accessories. The necessity for additional storage for high-resolution media and digital files is making even casual to users get an external SSD.
Adding additional storage for the laptops and desktops is made easy by adopting an external SSD. Moreover, the external SSD is much easier to carry around either than carrying a laptop. When external storage is handy, you need not worry about losing your data while reinstalling your OS in your PC, and they play an essential role in data protection.
They also come handy when you wish to have a storage device for your digital cameras, smartphones, and video recording equipment. And unlike the traditional Hard Disk drives, these SSD drives come without any moving parts. Many people are also choosing the Best SSD laptops because of their fastness. Because of their non-moving parts design, they are robust and do not get defected easily.
And also they are faster than the Hard Disk drives. They help us most in situations where you need to transfer data between two PCs or smartphones and backing up your PC’s.
Well., each of the devices ranging in price has different capacities and connectivity features. If you are considering the durability of your device, then you can opt for either SanDisk extreme 500GB SSD or G-Technology R-Series SSD.
If you are looking for a device that gives you robust performance, then the Adata ASD600Q is the best option for you.
Factors to consider before buying an External SSD
There are many external SSDs available in the market which comes with different features and size (disc space). And before choosing one of them as your external storage you need to look into some necessary features.
Best External SSD in India 2021
Considering all the features discussed above, we have reviewed the 6 best SSDs in India. And we have summarized the list according to the best data transfer rates and connector types in the table below along with the detailed review of each SSD below.
|Product||Date Transfer||Connection||Buy Now|
|SanDisk 500GB SSD||550 MB/sec||Type-C|
|Samsung T7 Touch 500GB||1050 MB/sec||Type-C & A|
|Seagate Ultra Touch SSD 500GB||400 MB/sec||Type-A|
|ADATA ASD600Q 240GB SSD||400 MB/sec||USB 3.0|
|Western Digital My Passport 256GB SSD||515 MB/sec||Type-C|
|G-Technology R-Series 500GB SSD||560 MB/sec||Type-C|
Now Let us look at the each product in detail.
SanDisk is a reputed brand in making a wide range of storage devices. The SanDisk SSD is one of the great products released under this brand.
SanDisk is best suitable for photographers and for those who carry their storage devices along with them; because of its toughness and durability.
- The rugged design makes it more durable and damage-free.
- Comes in a sleek design.
- Has the best transfer speeds.
- Very light in weight.
- The SSDs of SanDisk are a bit pricy.
- There are some complaints about the encryption software ‘secure access’ is not working properly.
- The cables become worn out after a couple of uses, and the device may not recognize in some cases.
Also read: Best wifi router in india
Samsung is another best brand in manufacturing different tech products and accessories. The T7 created by Samsung is best known for its fastest transfer rates.
If you are looking for an External SSD which gives the best performance then this Samsung T7 Touch SSD is best suitable for you.
- The transfer speeds are way better than most of the SSDs.
- Will fit in hand and comes in a sleek design.
- It is multi-device capable which can connect to your PC, MAC, or smartphone.
- Fingerprint unlock much smarter and more techier.
- Performance is reasonable when compared to any other SSD.
- The price is high than many SSDs.
- The fingerprint sensor has issues when connected to MAC.
- Heating issues are faced.
Also read: Best graphics ard in india
Seagate is another reputed brand which makes storage devices. In the Seagate brand, you can find various designs and capacities of external hard disks ranging from a minimum of 250GB to over 10TB of compact disk drives.
Seagate Ultra touch can become the best choice as your External SSD if you prefer an SSD that can perform Automatic updates.
- Durable and robust.
- Compact and stylish design.
- Comes with software for managing data and other features.
- Performance is excellent and speedy.
- Comes with a 3.0 Type-A connectivity.
- Little pricy.
- No waterproof.
Also read: Best gaming monitors in india
Adanta Asd600Q is a 3D NAND flash solid-state drive that made for elegant looks and durability. With the ASD600Q you can expect data transfer speeds of up to 440MB/s.
This SSD is best suitable if you are an outdoor video editor and need to transfer data very often. Because of its robust design, it is easy to move around often for you.
- Prices are affordable
- Its very lightweight and portable
- Comes with military graded protection.
- It is compatible with any device.
- Does not come with a USB Type-C cable
- Performance is not much appreciated
- The finishing of the product is not that good.
Also read: Best Home Theatre System in india
My Passport SSD is another portable storage device with fast transfers. This device comes with a USB Type-C port and is capable of transferring your data at a rate of 515MB/s. And it also comes with password protection with hardware encryption which keeps your data safe and secure.
Even variants are available for additional storage at 512GB and 1TB. These are well suited to any type of customer because of their low price and many features.
- Comes with a neat, attractive, and straightforward design.
- Comes with backup software for automatic backups.
- Comes with a Type-C connecter.
- Easy to use.
- The data transfer speed is slower than what the brand claims.
- Heating issues found in many cases.
Also read: Best smart TV under 15000
The G-Technology R-Series External SSD entirely made for Rugged performance and it can handle any shock or vibration even from a fall at the height of 3 meters.
Anyone can choose this device as this little device comes in handy along with brilliant pressure handling. One can take this device anywhere, not fearing of slipping away.
- Best shock resistant and vibration resistant SSD device ever.
- Can handle a fall from a height of 3meters.
- Superfast speed of data transfer.
- Comes with the latest Type-C USB 3.1 connectivity.
- USB cable coming with the device is shorter.
- This device with thunderbolt connectivity is pricy.
To conclude the article, these are the list of the best devices for External SSD you should have been looking for. We have selected the devices based on the performance and features of the device, yet each of the devices has its pros and cons. Considering all these, now you can choose the best external SSD drive for you.
I hope I have given enough information on External drive to make your purchase worth every penny. If you still face any problem, please let us know in the comments, I would love to help 🙂
Frequently asked question on best external SSD in India.
Are portable SSD good for gaming?
Yes, portable SSDs are good for gaming if you are left with no space in your inbuilt storage device. You can always connect an external SSDD depending upon your requirement and these storage devices give you a lag faster read and write rate, which increases the data transfer rate..
Does SSD reduce lag?
Undoubtedly, compare to the traditional HDD, SSDs lack the moving parts and provides faster data transfer rates. Therefore, SSds provides an improved and lag-free experience.