A laptop is a treasured device for everyone, It is not a usual item to buy whenever we want to, hence proper research and understanding is crucial while planning to buy the best laptop.
Now, there is no specific laptop that would be perfect for everyone. It all boils down to how you are going to use it.
For low to medium usages like browsing the web, using applications like MS office, and viewing videos, you can opt for a laptop with low configuration. Laptops with Hard Disk Drive would be sufficient to carry out your daily tasks.
However, if you are an avid gamer or a professional video editor, you would need a laptop with high performance and enhanced configuration.
Also, read our latest posts,
For such high-end needs, you need to choose amongst the best SSD laptops in India. SSD hard disks let you operate with a high speed as compared to HDD.
So what is an SDD?
A Solid State Drive is a new generation of storage device that uses flash technology, which is comparatively faster than the traditional Hard Disk storage devices.
SSDs speed up computers faster thanks to its low read-access time and fast throughputs. It uses a memory chip that is free from any moving parts and uses flash memory to reduce access times to an instant.
What is the difference between an HDD and an SDD?
|Characteristic||Solid State Drive (SSD)||Hard Disk Drive (HDD)|
|Moving Parts||Zero||At Least 2|
|Sound||0 DB||27 DB|
|Capacity||1 TB or less||Between 500 GB to 2 TB|
|Boot-Time||Between 10-13 s||Between 30 – 45 s|
|File Opening Speed||30% Faster than HDD||Slower|
What are the advantages of having an SSD laptop?
The mechanical operation of HDDs compromises its overall performance. A laptop with SSD boots up faster than a laptop with SDD. Typically, the bootup time for an SSD is 10 to 13 seconds while for an HDD it is 30-40 seconds.
The transfer speed you can achieve via SSDs is between 220 Mbps and 550 Mbps while an HDD can only give you speed between 50 Mbps and 12 Mbps. This directly contributes to faster loading of apps, quicker transfer of files, and even faster boot-up times.
SSDs are more durable because they do not have any moving parts. Traditional HDDs have moving heads to read and write data that makes them noisy and more prone to damage from shocks and vibrations. In case you drop your laptop with an SSD, it’ll hardly suffer any damage.
An SSD consumes around 60% less power as compared to an HDD. The absence of any moving part ensures less power is utilized, less heat is released and less noise is produced.
HDDs are more prone to wear and tear as they contain moving parts. Over time, with excessive use, they may even result in disk failure. SSDs, on the other hand, have flash memory which can be written and erased a number of times. The flash technology is what makes the SSD less mechanical and less subject to operational damage, and hence greater reliability.
You needn’t worry about the storage capacity when it comes to SSD. SSD and HDD offer the same storage capacities that are between 128 GB and 2 TB. However, an SSD with a larger capacity will cost you more than an HDD would.
The SSD, being a new technology and offering high performances, are priced quite high as compared to HDD. Although the price of SSDs is coming down over the years, they are still 8 times more expensive than the age-old HDDs.
Best SSD laptop in India
To make your purchse worth and qucik, we have listed a table of best ssd laptops in India 2020 with all the features. I suggest you to explore the article to fndout more.
|Product||RAM (GB)||SSD||Buy Now|
|Apple MacBook Pro |
|Dell XPS 9570 15.6-inch FHD Laptop||16||512 GB|
|ASUS ZenBook Flip 14 UM462DA-AI501TS||8||512 GB|
|Lenovo IdeaPad S540 81NG002BIN||8||256 GB|
|ASUS VivoBook S14 S431FA-EB511T||8||512 GB|
|Acer Nitro 5 AN515-54 15.6-inch Gaming Laptop||8||256 GB|
|Dell Inspiron 5370 13.3-inch FHD Thin and Light Laptop||8||256 GB|
|LG Gram 8th Gen Intel Core i5-8265U||8||256 GB|
|Acer Swift 3 10th Gen Core i5||8||512 GB|
Now look at the detailed review of each products.
- Screen: 16-inch, 3,072 x 1,920 Retina display (backlit LED, IPS, 500 nits brightness, wide color P3 gamut)
- Ram: 16GB (2,666MHz DDR4)
- Processor: Ninth-generation 6-core Intel Core i7 processor
- Graphics: AMD Radeon Pro 5300M with GDDR6
- Battery: 11 hours and 41 minutes
- Ports: 4x Thunderbolt 3 (USB-C), 3.5mm headphone jack
Apple is the most prominent name when it comes to high-performance laptops available in the market. With its sleek, elegant, and compact design, Apple transcends other laptop companies in the market entirely with its brand trust and reliability it has gathered over the years.
The Apple MacBook Pro 16-inch has come with a massive upgrade from its previous version’s 15-inch screen.
It offers enhanced image quality, thanks to the resolution of 3,072×1,920 and a remarkable pixel density of 226 pixels per inch.
It is a powerful beast with an 8-core Intel Core i9 processor, 1TB (expandable to 8TB) SSD, and 16GB (expandable to 64 GB) RAM. There is no other laptop across brands to offer such a high level of specifications.
This is the best pick for someone who is looking to use his laptop for video editing and rendering, coding, gaming.
It houses one of the fastest SSDs in the world that gives a write speed of 2805 MBps and a read speed of 2540 MBps.
The 16 inch MacBook Pro offers AMD Radeon Pro 5300M as an entry-level which you can further expand to Radeon 5500M. It offers a pretty impressive frame rate of 27.2 fps while on a heavy-duty game.
The Macbook Pro has Thunderbolt 3 ports for USB-C connection but doesn’t have a full-size USB or ports to accommodate microSD or SD cards.
The mac OS Catalina offers smooth user experience with smooth transitions and faster loading apps.
- High-resolution retina display.
- Lightweight and sleek.
- Powerful speakers.
- Good performance.
- RAM and processors are soldered to the motherhood, hence cannot be replaced.
- No SD card slot.
The MacBook Pro 16 inch comes across as an extremely powerful workstation from the legendary Apple. They have given huge considerations to customer feedback and criticism from the last models and have tried to eliminate all of them. An appealing display, flawless keyboard, enhanced sound system, and a robust processor make it a one-stop solution for hardcore gamers, video editors, and developers out there.
- Screen: 15.6-inch
- Ram: 16GB DDR4 RAM
- Processor: 2.20 GHz Intel Core i7-8750 H processor
- Graphics: Nvidia GeForce GTX 1050 Ti 4GB Graphics
- Battery: 8 hours and 27 minutes in video streaming
- Ports: 5 ports
Dell is one of the most prominent laptop brands that have made their mark in the industry with their reliable, sturdy, and long-lasting laptops.
The Dell XPS 9570 is a recent addition to their SSD high-performance laptops and have been accepted openly by people across the globe.
The Dell XPS 9570 features a 15.6 inches edge-to-edge display with a choice of either a 4K (3,840 x 2,160) touchscreen or a Full HD (1,920 x 1,080) screen. If you are looking for the best 4k laptop to buy, this could be an ideal choice for you.
It comes packed with a 2.2-GHz Intel Core i7-8750H processor with 16GB of RAM and can handle a number of apps opened simultaneously. With its 512GB M.2 PCIe SSD, you get a laptop that is incredibly fast.
It features an Nvidia GeForce GTX 1050 Ti Max-Q GPU along with 4GB of VRAM, the Dell XPS 9570 can offer a smooth gaming experience offering a frame rate of 189 fps and can be the best laptop for gaming purposes.
The right side of the Dell XPS 9570 has a USB 3.1 Type-A port, an SD card reader, and a Noble lock slot. To the left, you get a Type-A port, Thunderbolt 3 port, an HDMI 2.0 port, a headset jack and a port for the AC adapter.
The Dell XPS 9570 comes with pre-installed Windows 10. With its purchase, you get a warranty of 1 year.
- Amazing battery life.
- The bright and colorful display.
- Strong graphics.
- Sleek design
- Webcam present at the bottom
- Keyboard difficult to type
The Dell XPS 9570 is the best 4k screen laptop you could get in the market currently. Apart from the outstanding display, it comes with an impressive processor, compact design, decently sound system- overall, a very good value for money.
- Screen: 35.56 cm(14″) LED-backlit FHD (1920 x 1080) 16:9 standard display,
- Ram: 8GB (2133MHz LPDDR3)
- Processor: 8th Gen Intel Core i7-8565U processor, 1.8 GHz base processor speed (8MB Cache, up to 4.6 GHz)
- Graphics:Memory & Storage: 8GB 2133MHz LPDDR3 RAM with Intel UHD Graphics 620 Graphics
- Battery: Upto 13 hours
- Ports: 1 x USB 3.1 Gen 2 Type-C (up to 10Gbps), 1 x USB 3.1 Type-A (up to 10Gbps), 1 x USB 2.0 Type-A, 1 x HDMI, 1 x MicroSD card reader
The Zenbook 14 has an immersive 14-inch screen that gives 1080p display giving you a crisp and clear visual with a wide viewing angle and accurate display
The ZenBook 14 comes with an Intel Core i7-8565U CPU and 16GB of RAM and is able to handle most vigorous tasks with ease.
It has 512GB NVMe SSD with a transfer speed of 4.97GB of data in 10 seconds for a rate of 508 megabytes per second.
The Zenbook is not an ideal pick for games as it has a basic UHD 620 graphics.
The left side of the Zenbook 14 has a USB-C port, a USB 3.1 input, and an HDMI connector, and the right side houses a microSD card slot for uploading photos next to a USB 2.0 port and a combination headphone/mic jack.
Windows 10 Home comes preinstalled with the Zenbook 14.nThe ZenBook 14 ships with a one-year warranty.
- Quick charging.
- Good quality and high contrast display.
- Powerful processor.
- Face recognition sometimes causes problems.
- The keypad at the touch is laggy.
The Asus Zenbook 14 is one of the sleekest high performance available in the market. It is highly portable with its compact yet stylish aluminum finish.
- Screen: 15.6-inch screen with (1920X1080) full HD display, Anti Glare technology, IPS Screen
- Ram: 8 GB RAM
- Processor: 10th Gen Intel Core i5 10210U processor, 1.6Ghz base speed, 4.2Ghz max speed, 4 cores, 6Mb Smart Cache
- Graphics: NVIDIA MX250 2GB Graphics
- Battery: Up to 9 hours as per MobileMark
- Ports: 2 USB 3.0 | 1 Type C (USB 3.0) , 1 HDMI 2.0 , SD Card Reader , Combo audio and microphone jack
The screen size is 15 inch performs decently with a brightness of 278 cd/m².
The Lenovo Ideapad S540 gives you a RAM of 8GB with a high-performance processor of 10th Gen Intel Core i5 10210U 1.6Ghz base speed, 4.2Ghz max speed, 4 cores, 6Mb Smart Cache. Talking about the hard disk, the Lenovo Ideapad offers an M.2 SSD with PCIe/NVMe technology (1 TB HDD+256 GB SSD).
The Lenovo Ideapad S540 has a power input, an HDMI port, and USB 3.1 port, along with an audio jack located at the mid-bottom. On the right side, it houses USB 3.0 ports, an SD card reader, and indicator lights.
With the Ideapad S540, you get Windows 10 Home 64 bit installed. It comes with a 1-year onsite domestic warranty from Lenovo with manufacturing defects coverage but not physical damage.
- The display is crisp and clear.
- Highly responsive keypad.
- Webcams with shutter.
- On a pretty heavier side.
- The audio has disturbances.
- Keyboard not suitable for fast typers.
Overall, the Ideapad S540 gives you a strong and fast processor. If you are looking for a convertible laptop, it can be just the right pick for you.
- Screen: 14” LED-backlit FHD (1920 x 1080) 16:9 Anti-Glare NanoEdge display with 86% screen-to-body ratio, 178° wide-view technology
- Ram: 8GB 2133MHz LPDDR3 onboard RAM
- Processor: 8th Gen Intel Core i5-8265U processor 1.6 GHz quad-core with Turbo Boost (up to 3.9 GHz) and 6MB cache
- Graphics: Integrated Intel UHD Graphics 620
- Battery: Fast charging: 60% in 49 minutes
- Ports: 1 x USB 3.1 Gen 2 Type-C, 1 x USB 3.1 Gen 1 Type-A, 1 x USB 2.0, 1 x Standard HDMI, 1 x Audio combo jack, 1 x SD card reader
The screen spans over 14 inches, delivering 16:9 aspect ratio, 86% screen-to-body ratio and 178° field of view.
The Asus VivoBook S14 comes across as a decently strong unit with its Quad-core Intel Core 8th gen i5 processor, gives you a RAM of 8GB LPDDR3 and an SSD of 512GB NVMe
ASUS VivoBook S14 has an Integrated Intel UHD Graphics 620 and consists of pre-loaded Windows 10 Home with lifetime validity
The left side consists of a DCIN charging port, an HDMI port, a USB 3.1 Gen 1, a USB-C 3.1 Gen port along with the charging indicator at the end.
The USB 2.0 socket, an audio combo jack, and a Micro SD card slot are placed on the right side.
- Slim and classy design.
- Powerful processor.
- An audio combo jack.
- The battery is not that strong.
- Shaky while typing.
ASUS VivoBook S14 offers a strong and robust processor at its price, compared to other laptops in this range. It comes across as a widely accepted product for normal workers and gamers for daily use and might be the best pick if you are looking for an affordable laptop.
- Screen: 15.6″ IPS (In-Plane Switching) technology, Full HD 1920 x 1080, Acer ComfyView LED-backlit TFT LCD
- Ram: 8GB DDR4 RAM
- Processor: Intel Core i5-9300H processor, turbo up to 4.10 GHz
- Graphics: NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1650 with 4 GB of dedicated GDDR5 VRAM Graphics
- Battery: 11 hours back up
- Ports: 7 ports
The Acer Nitro 5 offers a 15.6″ screen flaunting its IPS (In-Plane Switching) technology that gives you a full HD display of 1920 x 1080 with its trademark ComfyView LED-backlit TFT LCD
It offers an 8GB DDR4 RAM which is capable of handling multiple applications simultaneously at ease. If you are looking for a gaming laptop, the Acer Nitro won’t let you down, thanks to its next-gen Intel Core processor and the latest NVIDIA GeForce GTX graphics.
You can configure your laptop for maximum speed and storage with two slots for M.2 Gen 3 x 4 PCIe SSDs and up to 32 GB of DDR4 RAM. The 58 Wh battery surprises you with a longer lifespan.
The two-slot SSD steals the show with 1TB HDD + 256GB SSD providing you ample space and read/write speed.
It consists of an Ethernet port, an HDMI 2.0 slot, three USB 3.0 Type-A ports, to its right side, you’ll find a DC-in port, a USB 2.0 port, and an audio jack.
The Acer Nitro 5 comes with a pre-installed Windows 10 and Acer provides a limited one-year warranty for the Nitro 5’s parts.
- Smooth keyboard and keypad.
- Full HD IPS display.
- Compact and sturdy design.
- The screen fades considerably while not charging.
- Not a value for money, as at the same price laptops with better configuration is available.
At an affordable price, Acer’s strongest addition to the Nitro 5 series offers casual gamers stellar performance and good SSD. It is a solid gaming laptop for casual gamers who want middle-tier performance at an entry-level price.
- Screen: 13.3-inch FHD (1920 x 1080) LED display | Anti-glare LED-backlit display
- Ram: 8GB DDR RAM
- Processor: Intel Core i5-8250U processor, 3.4 GHz base processor speed, 6MB cache
- Graphics: Intel UHD 620 Graphics
- Battery: Lithium battery
- Ports: 2 USB 3.1 Gen 1 Type-A, 1 USB 3.1 Type-C, 1 HDMI, 1 SD card reader, 1 Audio-out
The Dell Inspiron 5370 offers a bright and sharp display in its 13.3-inch FHD LED screen. It has an anti-glare LED-backlit display to enhance your viewing experience.
It has 8GB DDR RAM which is a decent grab at this price point. It houses an Intel Core i5-8250U processor, with 3.4 GHz base processor speed and 6MB cache It offers ample of storage space with its 256 GB SSD.
The Dell Inspiron 5370 gives you Intel UHD Graphics 620 for a decent gaming experience. It has a total of 6 ports on its either sides that are 2 USB 3.1 Gen 1 Type-A, 1 USB 3.1 Type-C, 1 HDMI, 1 SD card reader, 1 Audio-out
With the Dell Inspiron 5370, you get a 1-year onsite domestic warranty covering Hardware Issues and not covering physical damage.
- Light and easy to carry.
- Decent battery life.
- Preloaded with MS office.
- Efficient processing power.
- Absence of hard disk drive in the system.
- Might be overpriced to some.
- Sharp edges.
As the laptop comes at just 72,000 it might be a good option if you are searching for an affordable laptop for day to day use, but not hardcore gaming.
- Screen: 14 inch, IPS Full HD Display (1920X1080), sRGB Over 96% Color Gamut
- Ram: 8GB DDR4 RAM
- Processor: 8th Gen Intel Core i5-8265U processor, quad-core, 1.6GHz
- Graphics: Intel UHD Graphics 620
- Battery: Long-lasting 72Wh battery for up to 23. 5 hours x Battery Life
- Ports: 1 Thunderbolt3, 1 USB Type-C, 2 USB 3.1, 1 HDMI 1.4, 1 Display Port 1.2
The 14-inch display that the LG Gram has a full IPS Full HD Display offering you 1920 X 1080 px resolution.
It offers 8GB DDR4 RAM that is capable of performing an array of applications simultaneously without a lag and gives you sufficient storage of 256 GB SSD.
The LG Gram houses an 8th Gen Intel Core i5-8265U, quad-core, 1.6GHz processor with an integrated Intel UHD Graphics 620.
It has a total of 6 ports and comes with a warranty of 3 years onsite and a preinstalled Windows 10.
- Light and portable.
- Excellent battery life.
- Quick processing power.
- 256 GB storage isn’t enough.
- One might expect a dedicated GPU at this cost.
With its lightweight but compact design, and a pretty strong processor and RAM, the LG Gram can be your best pick if you are looking at buying a laptop within 70,000.
- Screen: 14-inch screen
- Ram: 8GB DDR4 RAM
- Processor: 1 GHz Intel Core i5-1035G1 10th Gen processor
- Graphics: Intel UHD Integrated Graphics
- Battery: 13 hours of battery life
- Ports: 4 ports
Swift 3 offers a 14-inch Full HD (1920 x 1080) display that fulfills most of the daily purpose and offers a decent display outdoors too.
The 8 GB DDR4 RAM that the Swift 3 offers is sufficient and smooth for most of your daily operations tasks without any hangups
It offers a 512 GB M.2 PCIe NVMe SSD with a10th Gen Intel Core i5-1035G1 processor With the Swift 3, you get an AMD Ryzen 5 3500, 4GB of DDR4 RAM, and AMD Radeon Vega 8 graphics.
It consists of a USB 2.0 port, USB 3.0 port, 1 HDMI port, and an audio port. Acer Swift 3 comes with a one year warranty and pre-installed Windows 10.
- Portable, lightweight chassis.
- It is affordable.
- Preferred for Multitasking.
- Average battery life.
- Sluggish SSD.
- Dim display.
Acer Swift 3 is an excellent ultrabook for the masses, made better at an accessible price, thin and lightweight design, and comes with decent battery life.
Every product mentioned in this article has its own set of pros and cons. Depending on your needs, you may select the one that’s perfect for you based on price, storage, graphic card, and portability.
For gaming, you can opt for Acer Nitro due to impeccable graphic card features. If you want a laptop that has admirable configuration and is yet easy to carry around, you should go ahead with LG Gram or Asus Zenbook 14 and it won’t disappoint you.