Finally, the list of best air purifiers under 20000 is here! All of us are aware of the benefits of an air purifier; especially if you are living in a polluted city like Delhi, Kolkata, Kanpur, Faridabad, Ghaziabad, etc.
Sometimes indoor pollution is three times more than outdoor pollution. Odors that come out while cooking, from cigarettes and incense sticks, cause a lot more health hazard than the pollution caused due to fuel burning.
Also, read our product recommendations for:
- Best Air Purifiers Under 10000
- Best Geysers in India
- Best washing machines
- Best Soundbars in India
- Best Semi-automatic washing machines
- Best 1.5 ton Air Conditioners in India
Air purifiers not only clean the surrounding air but also removes odor and airborne microbial particles that cause asthma and other respiratory syndromes. An efficient air purifier traps up to 99% of impurities including dust, allergens, pollens, mold spores and pet hairs.
The availability of a variety of sizes and features makes it fit in any space; both for office and home. With all these good things, the choice of an air purifier entirely depends upon your budget and requirement.
We post not only presents a list of best air purifiers under 20,000 in India but also mentions a FAQ section to educate you more about the purifiers. Just go ahead and pick your choice!
7 Best air purifiers under 20000 in India
|Product||CADR||Filter||Coverage Area||Buy Now|
|Coway Sleek Pro AP-1009|
(Editor’s Choice - Best in Technology)
|303 m3/h||Anti-flu HEPA||355 Sq ft|
|Philips AC2887 PM2.5||333 m3/h||HEPA [ H11 ]||269-409 Sq ft|
|Honeywell Air Touch||300 m3/h||HiSiv and HEPA||390 Sq ft|
|TruSens Z-2000||240 m3/h||360 HEPA With Dupont Filter||375 Sq ft|
|AviZo A1606||277 m3/h||HEPA||600 Sq ft|
|Sharp Air Purifier FP-F40E-||350 m3/h||HEPA-14||200 Sq Ft|
|Havel's Freshia AP-40 80||350 m3/h||5 Stage Filtration HEPA||750 Sq ft|
One of the best purifiers for bedroom, Coway Sleek Pro is made in Korea using the Green anti-flu HEPA technology. They are made of patented urethane carbon filters that help to purify the air and provide a safe environment to live in.
The advanced technology of these purifiers helps to trap PM2.5 dust particles in the multi-layered green Anti-flu Green HEPA filter and provides fresh air to breathe.
It has a CADR of 303 cubic m/hr and can cover up to an area of 355 sq. ft. Apart from that, its power consumption is only 38 watts and weighs approximately about 6.5 kg.
Its unique design provides one-touch airspeed adjustment with an indicator to predict the quality of air: clean, low pollution, high pollution.
There are four levels of one-touch airspeed control that can be adjusted according to the person’s requirements. Also in extreme situations, the turbo mode helps to clean the air to a higher level when the quality of the air is extremely poor.
- Its sleek and unique design does not consume much space and can be easily carried from one place to the other.
- The user interface is very basic and the airspeed can be adjusted very easily.
- It helps to provide a quality sound sleep and one can keep it switched on throughout the night using the auto mode.
- One can find it very easy to use and install and its advanced technology provides a noise-free environment.
- These air purifiers have a warranty period of 5 years on air purifier motor and 1 year on electrical components.
- Sometimes the turbofan gives out an unpleasant odour.
- It does not remove all the allergens, which may be a bit of a bother.
- No child lock or smartphone app provided for the air purifiers.
Another best air purifier under 20,000 in India is Philips AC2887. This is one of the most trusted air purifiers and is internationally recognized by Euromonitor International Limited. This air purifier comes with a CADR of 333 m3/hour and can provide clean air just within 10 minutes.
It uses a professional grade sensing technology to display real-time numerical PM 2.5 levels that can be used to remove a wide range of bacteria and viruses present in the air. Apart from that it also cleanses out harmful gases like formaldehyde and house dust mites.
Its Vitashield Intelligent purification technique can eliminate small airborne particles up to a size of 0.003 microns. When switched on it has very low levels of noise that is extremely beneficial for a sound and peaceful sleep.
The model consists of the AeraSense sensors that give an extra boost to the airflow to reduce the level of contaminants and pollutants in the air. With easy portability, it is one of the best air purifiers for office and large rooms (18 ft by 12 ft with an 8 ft ceiling height).
- This purifier is a value for money product with unique air-purifying characteristics
- It consists of 3 smart pre-settings: General, Allergen, and Bacteria & Virus modes that can be used according to the user’s requirement.
- Produces very low noise at the sleep mode which can be beneficial during the night time.
- Sleek in design and the aerodynamic architecture helps to accelerate clean airflow
- The brand can be trusted and there is a warranty period of 2 years on the product.
- Does not weigh much and can be easily moved from one room to the other.
- If the cover is not removed from the filters, then a rattling sound might be generated when the air purifier is switched on
- The rubberized frame of the charcoal cracks after in some places, especially the bottom part
- Sometimes faulty readings are displayed on the screen by the air purifiers
Honeywell is one of the globally trusted tech brands in the world. Being one of the top Fortune 100 companies in the world, it has a huge globally satisfied customer base.
It is a multi-sector company, from aerospace to building technologies, PMT and SPS. With a recent expansion in the consumer durables sector, Honeywell has launched Air Touch i8 42-Watt Air Purifier in the Global market at the end of 2017.
Several salient features make it one of the best air purifiers under 20,000. The air purifier comes with a real PM 2.5 meter. It has very high efficiency and a versatile coverage area.
The Clean Air Delivery Rate (CADR) for this model is 300 cubic meter /hr. As a result, it can operate very well in a room with an area of 36 square meters and a height of 2.74 meters.
Additionally, it can measure the real-time pollution level inside the room with the help of the P.M 2.5 scale thus proving to be useful for the living room and bedroom.
The air purifier comes with a three-stage advanced filtration system, combined with HEPA and HiSV filter, which can operate with a 99% efficiency level.
The pre-filters are washable and can remove larger dust particles. The model has an average filter life of 3000 hours, depending upon the level of pollution.
- Its catchy professional look makes it one of the best air purifiers for home.
- It is a complete Ozone free Air Purifier, without emitting any harmful gases as its by-product.
- It has an anti-fall base design
- The price of the product is very reasonable and in the capacity of the middle-income group
- It is very easy to install and easy to carry
- The design of the product is outdated
- The top display is too bright
- Wi-Fi connection is not available in this model
- The HEPA filter may choke early if there is a constant high pollution level
One of the best air purifiers under 20,000 in India is the Z-2000 air purifier from TruSens. It combines Dupont filtration technique with a unique approach to deliver clean and pure air.
In a bid to make the consumer’s life better and elevate the healthy lifestyle, TruSens created a well- designed and usable purifier that can be beneficial for all.
The TruSens Z-2000 purifier automatically adjusts the pollution level of the air and distributes the clean air in all directions. In a polluted, dusty atmosphere you can place the remote sensor pod away from the purifier to optimize clean air.
The purifier keeps you updated with the proper information about moderate or poor air quality with accurate readings.
The 360 degrees Dupont HEPA filter captures the pollutants as well as the odours and harmful gases. The UV light kills germs & bacteria efficiently.
With several purification levels viz. washable pre-filter, Carbon Filter, HEPA type Filter, and UV, the purifier works very well over an area of 35 square meters.
The model comes with fan speed 1, 2 and turbo which is the maximum. You can use the purifier with a set timer for 2, 4, 8 and 12 hours.
This air purifier package consists of three extra accessories, i.e. the Dupont carbon layer replacement, the Dupont replacement filter (3 In 1), and the replacement UV Bulbs for the purifier. Overall, it is an impressive air purifier with one of the most accurate sensors in the market.
- The purifier has a high-end sensor pod
- Another huge benefit of the model is its low power consumption
- The appliance is equipped with advanced dual flow technology
- Elegant design and functionality, with the highest efficiency in turbo mode, makes it one of the best air purifiers under 20,000.
- The model doesn’t have a true HEPA filter.
- It is a little expensive among the competitors
- At the highest speed, it is kind of noisy
One of the most premium purifiers in the segment is the AviZo A1606 Room Air Purifier. It consists of Virus protection Technology, Genuine HEPA (High-Efficiency Particulate Arrestance) filtration mechanism, Digital Display, and other extra-ordinary advanced technological features.
It is one of the best air purifiers for the living room and is perfect for pet lovers. It also has activated carbon enabled filter which can absorb the odours from cooking, smokes, etc. and keep the level of AQI as low as possible.
Its HEPA filter can absorb 99.7% of the airborne particles from the air (up to 0.3 microns).
It is a NEXT –GENETARION air purifier that is equipped with a highly sensitive Automatic Sensor. This Sensor can sense the AQI level and can report it through the LCD screen of the purifier like PM 2.5, PM 10, VOC and NO2, etc.
The Air purifier is also enabled with the Rapid Purification Technique. This is one of the very advanced technologies that have been used in this machine. The Clean Air Delivery Rate (CADR) of this model of the purifier is 277 cubic meters/hour.
Besides, it can cover an area of 600 sq. ft. in 30 minutes, and 300 Sq. ft. in 15 minutes. Based on its span of operation, you can use this purifier easily for large living rooms, bedrooms, office cabins, and conference rooms.
The air purifier also comes with several other premium features in its Indian model.
- The price of this A1606 air purifier is very reasonable and affordable. The middle-income group peoples can easily afford it.
- The model comes with a high-quality ABS body, night mode, and an auto mode, which offers added advantages in its operation
- The air purifier is very handy with smooth portability options
- The replacement unit and filters are easily available and reasonably priced
- After-sales service is not very reliable
- Filter life, battery life is not mentioned in the product description that can create ambiguity
- The remote that comes with this product is very important, if you lose it, you cannot change the filter or reset the machine
An air purifier model that comes with the dual purification active Plasmacluster technology, The Sharp air purifier FP-F40E-T, is one of the most efficient and power-conserving options among its close competitions in the price range.
The Japanese MNC, Sharp offers some great air purifiers to the consumers, and this product is not an exception. The model is coupled with a special Haze function, which works well in the Indian subcontinent climate conditions.
The auto-restart option ensures efficient functionality. Other function highlights include but not limited to, the auto and manual mode, a low noise level, dust, and odour sensor, etc.
This Sharp air purifier comes with a standard mesh pre-filter, a deodorizing Carbon filter, and a high-performance true HEPA filter. Only the pre-filter is washable, and the rest are vacuum cleaned only.
Note: You need to change the filter every twelve months for optimum purifying performance.
The model has a CADR of 240 at the high-speed mode of the fan. The Sharp FP-F40E can purify the air in a 200 sq. feet room five times in an hour. The 20 degrees airflow ensures complete coverage and air purification in a room.
- It covers about 200 to 250 square feet area in households and offices.
- You can easily find spare parts to replace at a reasonable cost
- The operating system is very much user-friendly, so people of any age can operate it
- With the Plasmacluster technology used, the ions are beneficial for skin as they help to retain moisture, and improve the texture of the skin
- Also, the Plasmacluster ions actively break down the toxic gas neutralize microbes and pathogens
- The device doesn’t come with wheels, so it is not easily movable
- The CADR rating is relatively lower to the competitions in the same price range
- This model does not come with a real-time air quality indicator
- It does not have app support, so functionality is a bit uncertain in this model
From the trusted house of Havells, this insane air purifier delivers purified air at a rate of 350 cubic meters per hour. It is especially suitable for bedrooms up to 755 square feet / 70 sq. meters.
This purifier comes with true HEPA technology and a soundless BLDC Motor.
The uniqueness of the purifier is that it comes with an array of extreme safety control features like Auto mode, Sleep mode, Child lock, Manual Timer Setting, Automatic Filter Replacement reminder, Dust Sensor, etc.
Havells Freshia is also equipped with some advanced features like AiroFresh Technology which comes with 5 Stages of Filtration i.e. Pre-Filter, Cold-Catalyst, Activated Carbon, Antibacterial, and HEPA.
It can filter up to 0.3 microns which is 80 times smaller than the PM 2.5 and removes 99.18% allergens. Moreover, it is equipped with smart functions like an odor sensor and color indication.
Here, the indicator has three levels of colors that change at different PPM levels- green is for good, orange is moderate, and red is poor.
This cost-effective 80-Watt air purifier with a Voltage of 250 V 50Hz also comes with a remote, three levels of fan speed and a user manual. There is a warranty of 2 years on the product which makes it a pretty good deal.
- Can be used at homes as well as offices or public spaces for its compact CADR and coverage areas
- Have an auto mode, silent mode, and child lock which make it safe to keep around children
- Due to its medium size, this purifier is easy with mobility and has health plus lock
- It has a remote control
- It has 5 advanced filters and a LED display
- It is expensive
- It lacks an inbuilt ionizer
- Due to its high voltage, it tends towards large power consumption
Though this list consisted of some of the best air purifiers under 20000 Indian brands in the market, the final decision of buying one is entirely yours.
Many of us are concerned whether an air purifier affects our skin or makes it dry? If you also have a similar query, then Sharp is your pick. Both Coway Sleek Pro and TruSens Z are energy efficient thus saving on your power bills.
If you are looking for a purifier that has both brand value and efficiency, go for Philips or Honeywell. That family whose main concern is the safety of their children, Havells Freshia is the pick for them. Nevertheless, for a pocket-friendly choice, AviZo is the best fit.
Check Air Purifiers Buyers Guide
How do air purifiers work?
Air purifiers pull in the impure air through its internal fan and then pass it through its filters like HEPA filter and activated carbon filter. The filters absorb the harmful particles from the air thus giving you clean and pure air. For better performance of the purifier, make sure that the windows and door are properly closed.
How important is an air purifier?
An air purifier removes dust particles from the surrounding air and allows us to breathe clean air. Some other importance of air purifier is: It removes unpleasant odors, Air purifiers help in neutralizing smoke, The appliance gives relief from pet dander, fur and allergens released by pets, It removes 99% of air pollutants from our home, It also helps in seasonal allergies that cause cough and cold in children and aged persons, These devices are much helpful if you are suffering from any sort of breathing difficulties like asthma.
Should I sleep with the air purifier on?
Oh yes, why not! In fact, you spend a significant time of your day in your bedroom; almost 7 to 8 hours. Keeping the purifier on throughout your sleep will not only ensure a good sleep with clean air but will also prevent midnight throat congestion.
Why are air purifiers bad for you?
It is very essential that you choose the right type of purifier for your home or office. If not chosen properly, a purifier can cause a lot of health hazards. Generally, HEPA filter-based purifiers are good for health and produce no harmful gases. But there are also such devices which generate ozone while operating. Indeed ozone is harmful to health and such appliances must be avoided in every family.
How long does it take an air purifier to clean a room?
Though it depends upon how efficient and powerful an air purifier is, it takes 30 minutes to 2 hours to clean a room. Some other factors that govern the answer are pollution level, room size, fan speed, purifying coverage and proper shut down of door and windows.
Do I need an air purifier for each room?
This is one of the most general queries a buyer has. No, you don’t need one for every room. Instead, think about those rooms where you spend most of your time. In most of the cases, it is the bedroom. So, it is both an economical and better choice to place the purifier in your bedroom.
Can I use an air-conditioner/fan with an air purifier simultaneously?
Are air purifiers portable?
Do I need to close the doors and windows while using the purifier?
Is air purifier good for skin?
Does air purifier make air dry?
Do air purifiers help with asthma and cough?