If you are looking for some best air purifiers under 10,000 in India then you have landed on the perfect post. This post sums up a list of seven best air purifiers for a home that will give you a moment of relief both from indoor and outdoor pollution.
Not only the outdoors but also indoors pollution damage our health in every manner. Dust, pollen, and mold spores present in the air can cause various types of heart and lung diseases while triggering allergies.
Often indoor pollution affects us more than the outdoor ones. Gases emitted while cooking is also considered as harmful as they contain particulate matters which get inside the lungs thereby causing inhalation problems.
Also, read our product recommendations for:
- Best Geysers in India
- Best washing machine
- Best Soundbars in India
- Best Semi automatic washing machine
- Best 1.5 ton Air Conditioners in India
- Best Breadmakers in India
In the current scenario, when the pollution levels are too high in every city, air purifiers seem to be the only alternative to provide ourselves with clean and fresh air. And this list of best air purifiers for the home will definitely help you in choosing the right option for you.
Best air purifier under 10,000 in India 2021
To make your purchase easy, we have listed a table of top 10 best air purifiers under 10k in India keeping their performance, technology, price, and user opinion in mind. It took almost a day to finalize these products to review and rank them based on their performance. So, without a doubt, you can pick anyone the air purifier for your home or office. And a section for frequently asked questions is also attached at the end of the post.
|Product||Coverage (sq.ft)||Amazon Ratings||Price|
|Mi Air Purifier 3 with True HEPA Filter and smart App connectivity|
(Editor’s Choice - Best in Technology)
|484||4.2 (1,597 ratings)|
|Honeywell Air Touch A-5 53 Watt Room Air Purifier|
(Value for Money)
|323||3.9 (824 ratings)|
|Philips AC1215/20 Air purifier|
(Best in Performance)
|226-333||3.7 (1,333 ratings)|
|Sharp Air purifier FP-F40E-W||349||4.4 (82 ratings)|
|Airspa with device Tms 16 HEPA air purifier||350||4.1 (52 ratings)|
|Mi Air purifier 2C with true HEPA filter||452||4.1 (189 ratings)|
|Blue Star BS-AP300DAI 444CMH 43-Watt Air Purifier||300 ||4.1 (46 ratings)|
Now, let’s dig into each product to find out the more.
This quiet and energy-efficient air purifier comes with an ultra-clear OLED display with touch control. The device can also be operated via the App and have been certified for detecting clean air, energy efficiency, and sound levels.
Its unique features like voice control, laser particle sensor, and 360-degree triple layer filtration make it a wonderful pick as one of the best purifiers under 10,000.
With an efficient Class 13 HEPA filter, this highly proficient appliance is loaded with a filtration efficiency of 99.97% for particle size up to 0.3 microns. It has a CADR of 380 m3/hour and can cover up to an area of 484 sq ft.
This one of a kind purifier also works with Amazon Alexa and Google Assistant. But sometimes it becomes tough to operate the device without any remote. Its refined technology paired with world-class finish makes it a great choice for the home.
While on auto mode, the speed of the fan keeps on changing automatically indicating red at the loudest. On the other hand, you can also adjust the fan speed as per your convenience to minimize the sound level. For remote access through the internet, you just need to connect the purifier with the Wifi and enjoy clean air at your home.
- Its stunning professional look makes it an inevitable of home décor.
- The powerful filtering technique effectively removes germs and dust particles from the indoor thus granting clean air for your room.
- Easy Wifi connectivity makes it easy to operate purifiers in the market.
- The purifier has a child lock that works wonderful and prevents children to tamper with the buttons.
- Often the absence of remote control becomes annoying as Wifi is the only connection between you and the purifier.
- Apart from the heavy cost of filter replacement, the filter gives out a bad smell.
- Often the purifier shows faulty readings when compared to the actual performance.
Honeywell is one of the best air purifiers for the living room. It operates over an area of 323 square feet and is also one of the best air purifiers for the bedroom. The much efficient system offers a Clean Air Delivery Rate (CADR) of 250 m3/hr thereby eliminating larger dust particles, pet hair, soil and other infiltrates.
It comes with a shiny, award-winning 3D airflow design that attracts everyone’s eyes. While ensuring an optimum outflow of clean air the device intakes the polluted air from its bottom and all sides. Owing to its polished edges, an anti-fall design, and unexposed filters, the product is just perfect for children.
Its combination of high-efficiency HEPA filters and activated carbon filter ensures the removal of fine pollutants with more than 99% efficiency. The combination of powerful filters eradicates pollutants above 0.3 microns, including pollen and PM2.5. In addition, the product is also effective in removing pollutants like formaldehyde, VOCs, toxic gases, and odors.
The gradual color change of the filter from red to yellow to finally blue indicates a clean airflow in the room. The best part of the product is that it is a completely eco-friendly and ‘ozone-free’ air purifier. While replacing its filter involves a high cost, low operating sound, and energy consumption are the added benefits of the purifier. With a filter life of 3000 hours, the air purifier can be operated for a year on the daily use of 8 hours.
- Easy and handy installation is the best part of this air purifier.
- The product offers the best value for money
- Low noise level is a major advantage of the purifier especially if you have babies at home.
- Low energy consumption makes the purifier draw less electricity thus resulting in lower electricity bills.
- One need to frequently filter change owing to different pollution levels which may incur heavy toll on the pocket
- Many a time when one walks into the room, the filter causes a bad smell. This may lead to discomfort and agitation to members residing in the room.
- The fan is a little noisy at higher speeds which may again cause discomfort to the residents.
One of the most trusted brands around the globe, Philips is known as the no. 1 brand in air purifiers in India as per Euromonitor International Limited. From their house., this air purifier boasts of 99.97% airborne pollutant removal. The model comes with a 4-stage filtration system and VitaShield IPS with a true HEPA filter.
The model can cover an area up to 333 sq ft, and it monitors real-time air quality through color indicators. It is also highly efficient, as it can purify a standard room of 18 x 12 x 8 ft. in just 12 minutes.
With the Vitashield Intelligent Purification System, the model can automatically sense air quality and stats filtering. The effective average filtration size of particles is 0.02 microns with particle efficiency up to 0.003 microns. It is actually 800 times smaller than the PM 2.5 limit.
The air purifier can remove 99.90% bacteria and viruses, along with the airborne H1N1 virus. Also, it removes 99.99% of pollen and house dust mites, which makes the homes allergy-free. At the same time, it filters out harmful gases such as formaldehyde and TVOC.
With all these features, this model is practically one of the most efficient air purifiers in India, but that is not all.
The air purifier functions with a 4 stage filter i.e. 1 pre-filter, one activated carbon filter, and two layers of H13 grade true HEPA filter. It has an effective CADR of 270 cubic meters per hour. Also, there is a healthy air protect alert, which alerts whenever it is time to replace the filter. If the filter is not changed, the appliance stops functioning, so you will have an effective purification only.
In the sleep mode, you can sleep better with dim lights and low sound. With the night sensing mode, developed especially for the bedrooms, this purifier can constantly monitor the air quality when you are asleep and pumps pure air in. Also, it offers a real-time air-quality indicator, coded by 4 colors. You can see the color ring on the dashboard, which ranges from blue to red as the threat of air pollutants rise.
- The model is really good if you have any kind of dust or pollen allergy
- It is a value for money product.
- The model comes with a brand guarantee of Philips, so you can be sure that the product will be an efficient one and serve you for a long time.
- The low sound and dim light of the night mode is a huge plus.
- This model also comes with a child lock.
- You may face some trouble with the sensors and warnings. Also, filter life is not very long.
- As it stops completely without a filter change can be a bit of a bother.
- The model does not come with a smartphone app for the purifier.
- The air purifier does not remove the odor completely.
If you are looking for some best air purifiers for your office, Sharp air purifier is all that you need.
The purifier comes with a Plasmacluster technology and claims the removal of 99% of bacteria, viruses, molds, and allergens. This high-performance filter is equipped with three passive filters viz. Voluminous Granular Active Carbon Filter, Highest Grade H14 HEPA Filter, and a Pre-Filter. Its exceptional 20° airflow ensures that clean air reaches the farthest corner of the room thereby removing PM2.5 particles…
The purifier is best suited for cities that face a higher level of pollution. The Dust & Odour sensor present in the device detects the dust and odor level in your room. The device ensures the release of Plasmacluster ions that along with different fan speeds, eliminates every microbial particle from the room.
The color LED indicates the level of pollution in your room and glows – red, yellow, and green indicating high medium, and low limit of pollution respectively.
The super-efficient system cleans the air four times an hour in a room space of 200 square feet. Its robust and durable technology makes it work 365 days all throughout without any interruption.
In addition, the component of the purifier comes with the highest grade of ABS material and special HAZE function, crafted especially for the Indian climate. The product comes with a tag of ‘skin beautification’ which means the air is absolutely safe for our skin with no microbes present in the room. It’s awesome features like an auto-restart option, manual and auto modes, low noise level, and dust and dust and odor sensor makes it a perfect choice for both home and office.
- The air purifier plays a big role in saving electricity thus causing less impact on the bills.
- Its highly efficient filters remove 99.97% air-borne impurities including household smokes, pet dander, and allergens.
- It can operate for 24 hours a day, 7 days a week, all 365 days without any obstruction.; great performance indeed!
- The device fetches great value for money.
- The filter replacement cost of the purifier is very high, almost 60% of the product at the time of purchase.
- Unavailability of smart features and numeric PM is a major drawback of the device.
- The appliance doesn’t come with a carbon filter and therefore is often looked down in terms of filtration capacity.
This best-in-class7-stage filtration system removes up to 96.5% microbes present in the air. Its washable alloy filter prevents bigger particles of hair and dust entering into the room. The appliance uses a cold catalyst filter that eliminates all the harmful gases released by furniture, carpets, curtains, and bedsheets.
Its activated carbon filter and anti-microbial filter helps to remove contaminants and odors from the air. The HEPA filter along with the 36nm UV light acts in an effective way to eliminate bacteria, mold, viruses, etc. from the space. Finally, the negative ionizer creates negative ions that clean away bacteria and dust particles rendering clean and fresh air to your space. While the carbon activated filter and anti-microbial filter can be cleaned using a vacuum cleaner, brushes provided can be used to clean the negative ionizer.
With a CADR rate of 180 m3/hr, the device can operate over an area as large as 35 m3. The device offers both manual and remote options thus allowing easy operation of the appliance.
- It consumes very less power; only 40 Watt thereby less affecting the pocket.
- Its six-stage filtration process makes it a top choice as one of the best air purifiers in India under 10,000.
- Airspa offers remote control which can be used to set the timer, control the fan speed, and operate the device in sleep mode.
- Owing to its no-ozone emission, the appliance is a perfect pick for home as well as office.
- The timer attached to the product doesn’t show clear reading about air quality.
- Frequent complaints of malfunctioning of indicator lights are there.
- Noise emission is a major concern of Airspa as it doesn’t have any silent mode.
Xiaomi’s third purifier in the market is believed to be made especially for the Indian climate. With its dual filtration capacity and 360-degree air intake, the air purifier covers an area of 452 square feet. Its smart feature of one-button control allows its filter change by anyone in only 10 seconds.
The appliance is equipped with a real-time air quality indicator that reveals the air quality of the room. The color changes from red (severe), orange (moderate), and finally to green (minimal) thereby, showing the air quality.
The true HEPA filter works with 99.97% efficiency for particles up to 0.3 microns. This is an ideal purifier for people suffering from allergies and other respiratory troubles occurring due to dust, pollens, and hair.
The product also comes with a one year warranty on the main device and stands low on power consumption. Though the filter doesn’t remove the odor in the air, it effectively works as a no-ozone emitter.
- The appliance comes with a DIY filter which means anyone can change the filter without visiting any expert.
- Low power consumption is a tremendous benefit to this device. It only intakes 29Watt of electricity.
- The compact purifier comes with the features of lightweight, minimal design, and low noise emission.
- The filter change cost is low.
- The filter doesn’t remove odor from the air.
- The appliance can’t be connected through Wifi.
- In auto mode, the light keeps on changing between orange to green thus giving an uncertain air quality interpretation.
‘Destroys harmful pollutants before they can harm you’ says the Blue Star tag line of this air purifier. And really they do!
This product comes with an exceptional auto switch off option that allows easy switch off at 1, 2, 4, and 8 hours. Its SensAir technology and Microbe Deactiv+ makes it one of the best purifiers both for bedroom and living room.
The device has a powerful coverage area of 300 square feet thus removing PM2.5 and PM10 particles. It is equipped with HEPA and active carbon filters and comes with a four-stage purification process. The high-density pre-filter present in the purifier removes larger dust particles from the air. The active carbon filter removes chemical pollutants in the air like VOC (Volatile organic compounds) and TVOC (Total volatile organic compounds) along with bacteria, mold, pollen, etc.
Apart from the auto filter clean LED indicator after every 720 hours of operation, the real-time LED indicator and variable fan speed make this product a top choice in the market.
- The auto switch off option allows an auto switch-off of the purifier after regular intervals as per your convenience.
- It is a complete value for money for the people residing in a high pollution area.
- It has a filter change indicator which is very much useful when used at homes.
- The night mode option is available here that ensures lower decibels of noise during sleep.
- Often the filters don’t work properly.
- Not enough customer support for people seeking help with the product.
- There is a high cost involved while opting for a filter change.
Though every air purifier here lists under 10,000, it entirely depends upon one’s budget to choose. If you are a tech-savvy person, Mi purifier 3 is a great pick for you.
In case you are looking for a product with high performance, go for Philips AC1215/20 Air purifier or Sharp Air purifier FP-F40E-W; both are worth it! If you still face any problem in choosing the best air purifier in India under 10,000, please do comment below so, I can help you.
1. Do air purifiers really work?
In short, very much yes. They function very much, and you can quantify the change along with a qualitative assessment. It traps a huge amount of airborne pathogens and allergens. They capture dust, mold, various organic and inorganic compounds, pollen, smoke, pet furs, etc.
However, the efficiency of a purifier depends on a number of factors, like the size of the room, how long is it kept on, and most importantly, the quality of the filter used in it. If you pay for a good model, you will realize the change in the air quality in just minutes, that is for sure.
2. How do you reduce the noise created by the air purifiers?
The noise in the purifier is due to the rotation of the fan at different speeds. Though a large number of air purifiers offer a night mode or a sleep mode operation, there are still many in the market which create disturbing noises while on use. Sorry to say, but you can’t do very much to reduce the sound except that you choose the less noisy one while buying.
3. Where should I place my purifier?
You can place an air purifier at any room of your home provided you close the door and windows. It is best to place it where you spend most time of your time like a bedroom or study room. Placing an air purifier in the kitchen and corridors must be avoided.