IR stands for Infrared. An infrared signal from a remote control helps operate electronics like AC, TVs, and soundbars. IR profile is primarily responsible for the power and volume in a soundbar.
A soundbar enhances the audio quality of a TV. To find the IR profile for a soundbar, follow the following steps:
- With your soundbar remote, first, go to the option “Settings.”
- Click on “Equipment Control.”
- A dropdown menu appears. Click ‘Manage equipment.’
- Next, select the TV option and then the “Infrared Options.”
- Click on “Change IR Profile.”
- A menu bar appears. Select the “Find IR Profile” option. You will get your desired result.
IR profile in soundbars provides secured communication as the line of sight points to the mode of communication. Infrared technology enables low battery
consumption. The response time of the IR profile in a soundbar is comparatively fast and stable.
What is IR Profile?
Infrared radiation (IR), often known as infrared light, is a kind of radiant energy invisible to humans but may be felt as heat. All things in the environment produce some amount of infrared Radiation.
IR is a kind of electromagnetic radiation that is generated by atoms absorbing and then releasing energy. From greatest to lowest frequency, electromagnetic radiation comprises gamma-rays, X-rays, ultraviolet radiation, visible light, infrared radiation, microwaves, and Radio Waves.
The electromagnetic spectrum is made up of several different kinds of radiation. Infrared lasers may be used to communicate across short distances of a meter or yards. TV remote controllers that use infrared radiation send IR energy pulses to the IR receiver in the TV.
The receiver transforms light pulses into electronic pulses that direct a processor to execute the preset instruction.
The transmitter of an infrared remote control transmits out pulses of infrared light that represent particular binary codes. Power On/Off and Volume Up are examples of binary codes that correlate to instructions.
The IR receiver in a t.v, stereo, or other device converts light pulses into binary data (ones and zeros) that the device’s system can read. The microprocessor then executes the appropriate instruction.
IR is usually used to control electronic devices inside a room using an infrared (IR) light signal. A line of sight is required for infrared light to reach its target.
Low-cost remotes feature just one transmitter at the end of the device and must be pointed directly at the equipment. High-quality remotes contain three or four strong infrared transmitters positioned at various angles to cover the room with signals.
How do I find Device’s IR?
The infrared sensor is usually placed on the bottom right-hand side of the screen or in the bottom center of the TV, which is part of the bezel. The television includes an IR receiver, offset from the bezel, and may have a glossy surface. When an IR signal is received, most IR receivers even light up.
The receiver contains an amplifier and an IR blaster that transmits IR signals to all parts by reflecting them off the closed cabinet doors.
If your soundbar includes a remote control, it most likely communicates via IR technology. This will, however, require some initial setup.
Most of the time, you need to connect the remote to the devices by coding it with brand-specific connection codes. The positioning of the IR sensor in a soundbar varies depending on the manufacturer.
Speaking from experience: If you can’t find it anywhere, an IR sensor may be placed within the speaker grill cover.
How do I Access My Soundboard Settings
To access your soundbar settings, you must first configure the TV’s sound output, allowing users to increase or decrease the soundbar’s volume by using the TV remote. After configuring the sound output, you can then connect the soundbar using a digital optical cable.
- To adjust the sound output, use the remote control to go to Settings, select Sound, select the sound output option, and select the soundbar.
- After selecting the soundbar, close all the windows. You may now use your TV remote to adjust the volume of the soundbar. The soundbar can also turn off and on with the TV.
- TV remotes can automatically control soundbars. If it isn’t working, switch on the soundbar and then press the woofer button till the display says On TV remote as sometimes soundbar does not enable the tv remote to access the soundbar’s volume.
Use a digital optical cable to connect with the soundbar.
- If you are using a digital optical cable, just enable the Auto Power Link feature, which will help you control the soundbar with the remote. The soundbar can be turned off and on with the TV automatically.
- Connect a digital optical cable from your soundbar’s port to the optical port on your TV.
- You can switch the soundbar to D.IN mode by pressing Source on the remote or the soundbar.
- To activate or deactivate Auto Power Link, press and hold the remote’s directional pad.
- Whenever users turn on and off the TV, the soundbar will also turn on and off. Check that the audio output on the TV is also set.
IR technology created a communication medium through which a soundbar can be controlled using remote IR-enabled soundbars. To use this function, you just have to set up your tv audio output and change their profile by the method mentioned above.
1 thought on “How to find an IR profile for a soundbar?”
Amazon Fire Stick connected by HDMI.
Fire Stick configured All Fire Stick remote functions working with tv including power & volume.
Added Blaupunkt SBA20 Soundbar.
Configured & Sound Bar also connected & working.
How to make Fire Stick Remote , control Sound Bar Power & Volume?