Whether you play video games to chill for some time or you’re a hard-core gamer, Xbox makes a great companion. To extend the gaming experience further, you need magnificent sound. Connecting your Xbox to your soundbar can get you exactly what you want. A soundbar can elevate the game sound and enhance your overall experience.
Connecting your Xbox to your soundbar is pretty easy. All you need to do is follow your user manual or read the guideline we’re going to provide here. There are multiple connectivity options available such as HDMI, optical cable, Wi-Fi and Bluetooth. The option you choose may depend on your Xbox and soundbar models.
So, without any further ado, let’s quickly check out how you can easily connect your Xbox to your soundbar.
What soundbar is compatible with Xbox One?
Xbox One is a powerful device that can play numerous games on the system. You can connect your Xbox One with your soundbar for a great gaming experience. However, for that, your Xbox One should be compatible with your soundbar.
Here are some soundbar models that are compatible with Xbox One gaming devices. Though most of these models support Bluetooth connectivity, Xbox One does not come with Bluetooth.
- Bose SoundTouch 300: Bose is a reputed name in the sound devices industry. This model features HDMI, optical cable, Bluetooth and Wi-Fi connectivity. It comes with four drivers and a single tweeter to pump out the clear sound of a 5.1 setup in 4k videos.
- Samsung HW-K950: This exclusive model from Samsung offers HDMI, optical cable and Bluetooth connectivity. It also comes with built-in Wi-Fi for a seamless connection. If Dolby Atmos is what you need, this one makes a great pair for your Xbox One.
- Vizio SB3621n-E8 2.1: This 2.1 system from Vizio comes with an optical cable and Bluetooth connectivity options. The whole package consists of a soundbar and a subwoofer. Hence, it’s a perfect one if you want to invest in a compact system.
- Yamaha YAS-207: Another reputed brand Yamaha’s YAS-207 comes with a Bluetooth subwoofer for a magnificent performance. It offers HDMI, analogue and optical inputs as well as Bluetooth connectivity. The model is slim to fit easily in front of the TV unit.
- Sony HT-ST5000: For your Xbox One, this soundbar from Sony delivers 800W of Dolby Atmos sound. You can enjoy 4K HDR and HDCP 2.2 videos as well. When it comes to connectivity, it offers HDMI, optical cable, Wi-Fi and Bluetooth.
What is the best audio output for Xbox one?
In your Xbox One console, there are two audio output options. These are:
- HDMI out: This output is for HDMI cable, which connects your Xbox to your TV. It connects both the audio and video of your Xbox One.
- S/PDIF: This one is the optical audio output. In case you choose this option, make sure you buy an optical cable separately. This cable is not included in the box of your Xbox One console.
Pro Tip: The best audio output option for your Xbox One is HDMI. With this cable, you can connect your Xbox to your TV using the provided HDMI cable. Then, you can connect your TV to your soundbar using the TV’s optical (S/PDIF) out port.
You can change your audio settings while connecting your Xbox One to your soundbar. Here is how you can do it:
- Navigate Profile & system> Settings> General> Volume & audio output> Speaker audio
- Then, choose HDMI Audio from the options.
- Choose Stereo uncompressed if your receiver cannot process 5.1 or 7.1 uncompressed signals or bitstream formats.
- You may choose other options if your receiver can process 5.1 or 7.1 uncompressed signals.
How do I connect my Bluetooth Soundbar to my Xbox one?
The answer to this question can be very tricky. Xbox One comes with only wireless controller connectivity. It means that you can only operate and control your Xbox via Bluetooth. The device doesn’t have a Bluetooth audio connectivity option. Hence, you can’t connect your Bluetooth soundbar to your Xbox One directly via Bluetooth.
However, it is still possible to use Bluetooth in the connection process via your TV. You can connect your Xbox with your TV through HDMI and then, connect your TV to your soundbar via Bluetooth. If you own a smart TV that supports Bluetooth connectivity, you can choose this option.
How do I connect my Dolby Atmos soundbar to my Xbox one?
You can easily connect your Dolby Atmos soundbar to your Xbox One by following the steps below:
- Through HDMI: If you want to use your HDMI cable to connect your Dolby Atmos soundbar to your Xbox One, you can simply follow these steps.
- Plugin one side of your HDMI cable into your Xbox One.
- Plugin the other side of your Dolby Atmos soundbar.
The connection will be established once you’ve connected the cable and turned on both devices.
- Via Optical Cable: If you want to use an optical cable to connect your Dolby Atmos soundbar to your Xbox One, follow these steps. You need to buy an optical cable separately as it doesn’t come with your Xbox console.
- Plugin one side of your optical cable into your Xbox One.
- Plugin the other side of your Dolby Atmos soundbar.
- Via Your TV: You can connect your Xbox One to your TV and then connect your TV to your Dolby Atmos soundbar. Here are the steps to follow.
- Connect your Xbox One console via HDMI or optical cable with your TV.
- Then, connect your TV via HDMI, optical cable or Bluetooth with your soundbar.
Can you connect Xbox to Bluetooth Soundbar?
Xbox is designed by Microsoft with Xbox Wireless, which is a proprietary protocol. It lets you wirelessly connect peripherals like controllers to the console. However, Xbox isn’t designed with a Bluetooth connectivity option. Hence, you cannot directly connect your Xbox with your soundbar via Bluetooth.
It’s evident that you can’t make use of Bluetooth connectivity on your Xbox as the device is not designed with this feature. However, you can still use Bluetooth connectivity to connect your Xbox with your soundbar via your smart TV. Here are the steps to follow.
- Connect your TV with your Xbox via HDMI or optical cable.
- Then, connect your smart TV to your soundbar via Bluetooth.
How do I get my Xbox to play sound through HDMI?
You can easily play your Xbox sound through HDMI by following the steps below:
- Open the guide by pressing the Xbox button .
- Navigate Profile & system> Settings >General > TV & display options >TV & OneGuide >Audio & video.
- Finally, change the audio option from Stereo to Surround sound.
- After following these steps, restart your devices.
Xbox makes an ultimate companion for those who enjoy playing video games at home. Creating the perfect ambience is necessary. Hence, investing in a soundbar is a great idea. By following the steps we’ve mentioned above, connecting an Xbox to a soundbar should be hassle-free.
However, while choosing a soundbar for that perfect video gaming session, make sure your soundbar is compatible with your Xbox model. If you own an Xbox One, you can choose any soundbar from the options we’ve provided above. We hope the guidelines will be helpful for you.