By connecting your soundbar to the subwoofer, you can take your entertainment experience to the next level. Many soundbars are sold with subwoofers; however, you can connect standalone soundbars to subwoofers, but it’s a tricky process and is only possible when both the soundbar and subwoofer are designed to connect natively. Below I have covered the entire process of connecting soundbar and subwoofers of various brands. Hope it helps you.
In short the process is pretty straightforward. All you need to do is locate the subwoofer’s jack and put it in the input port. Then plug the mono cable at one end of the soundbar’s subwoofer out unit and the other end in the subwoofer’s input jack.
How to connect a wired subwoofer to a soundbar?
If you own a soundbar, you must be thinking if you can connect it with a woofer for a better experience, something that would make you “feel” the sound frequency. Of course, it’s a great feeling, especially if you want to enjoy the thrills of a good movie or a video game. However, unfortunately, you cannot connect a wired woofer to a soundbar mostly.
Most soundbars are standalone products in most cases. These function as a minimalistic means to enhance your listening experience over television speakers. However, some soundbars connect to wired woofers; you can consider those.
How to connect a subwoofer to a soundbar without a remote?
It’s quite easy to set up a wireless woofer for the first time. Simply connect the power cord with the primary unit and the wireless woofer to the outlet.
Following this, turn on the main unit; this will automatically connect the main unit with the wireless subwoofer.
However, if the subwoofer does not work the way you want, make sure to check:
- For any hindrance between the central unit and the subwoofer
- If any other device is using the same frequency as the wireless connection
Bonus: Look for medical equipment, micro oven, and LAN devices that may have started using the wireless connection.
Can you connect any wireless subwoofer to a soundbar?
By connecting a soundbar to a sub, you can ensure a more robust and rich sound experience. Mainly soundbars produce front and back sounds and do not feature a powerful bass. This can be achieved by connecting your soundbar to a subwoofer.
However, at times connecting a standalone subwoofer with a soundbar is challenging. To set a proper connection, the soundbar and subwoofer must be compatible and natively paired. It helps if the soundbar and subwoofer are of the same brand, this makes the pairing easy. Most often, it’s difficult to pair soundbars and subs of different brands; it might be impossible at times.
How to connect a subwoofer to a Samsung soundbar?
Mostly, Samsung subwoofers and soundbars connect automatically once turned on after plugging the cords. Additionally, you should not require a remote as the set ID is incorporated in both devices for spontaneous connection.
Use the power cord of both the devices and connect it to the power outlet. Turn on the soundbar and weight for some time. Soon you will notice that the blue indicator on the soundbar has stopped blinking, this shows that the soundbar and the subwoofer are connected successfully. If the blinking continues, restart the process.
In this method, you need to plug the cords of both devices into an AC unit. There is an ID set button on the subwoofer’s back; locate and press it. This button is thin, so use something pointed.
However, sometimes, instead of the sub, the button is located on some soundbars. In this case, press and hold the ID SET button on the remote to activate while keeping the remote pointed at the TV.
Keep holding the button until the blue LED light indicator blinks quickly. At the same time, keeping the soundbar off, press the Mute button on the remote and for it. Keep holding it until the ID SET appears on the screen or when you see a flash on the power button. Now turn on the soundbar. Once the LED indicator is steady, you know your soundbar and subwoofer are connected.
How to connect a subwoofer to soundbar sony?
The process is pretty straightforward:
- On the remote control panel, press the AMP MENU button
- Select WS
- Now press the ENTER button
- Select S or LINK
- Press ENTER once again
- Once you see the START message, press the ENTER button to pair the soundbar to the subwoofer
- You will see the SEARCH option appear on the front panel display of the soundbar
- Use a thin pointed item like a pen tip to gently press the LINK or SECURE LINK option on the soundbar’s back
- The power indicator on the subwoofer will turn green and OK, or SUCCEED will appear
If you see FAILED on the screen, redo the steps mentioned.
How to connect subwoofers to soundbar jbl 5.1?
The JBL soundbar connects to the wireless subwoofer automatically when both the units are powered on. If the subwoofer is connected, the LED lights will be white all along.
However, if no audio is heard from the subwoofer, you might have to pair both devices manually.
Use the following process below:
- Turn on both the sub and soundbar; if the connection is lost, the lights will blink slowly
- Long press the connect button on the subwoofer to get into the pairing mode. At this stage, the LED indicator on the subwoofer will blink fast
- Press and hold the DIM DISPLAY button on the remote for five seconds. Then press the BASS+ for a short time and the BASS button in sequence. You will see pairing in the panel display
If you are successful in pairing, the LED indicator on the subwoofer will light, and the soundbar will display DONE.
How to connect subwoofers to soundbar jbl 3.1?
- Turn the soundbar on along with tbe subwoofer. In case the connection is lost, the LED indicator on the subwoofer will blink slowly
- Hold the CONNECT button on the subwoofer to get into the pairing mode. At this stage, the LED indicator on the subwoofer blinks slowly
- Following this, long-press the DIM DISPLAY button on the remote control for 5 seconds. Then short press on BASS+ and BASS buttons in sequence. The panel display at this stage will show pairing
- When the pairing is complete, the LED indicator on the subwoofer will light up, and the soundbar display shows DONE
If the pairing fails, repeat the process.
How to connect subwoofers to soundbar jbl 2.1?
The automatic subwoofer connects to the soundbar as soon as it’s turned on; once connected, the LED blinks continuously.
However, if the devices don’t pair automatically, it has to be done manually.
- Turn the subwoofer and soundbar on. If the connection is lost, the LED indicator blinks slowly
- Press the subwoofer’s Connect button to enter the pairing mode. Now the LED indicator on the subwoofer blinks slowly
- Long press the DIM display button on the remote for some time. Follow this up by short pressing the Bass+ and the Bass buttons in sequence. At this stage, the panel display should show pairing
If the pairing is successful, the LED indicator will light up, and the display will show Done. If it fails, the indicator will blink slowly. The entire process needs to be repeated in that case.
How to connect a subwoofer to Panasonic’s soundbar Panasonic?
Firstly, ensure the subwoofer is positioned properly
- Connect the monaural connection cable from the subwoofer output to the soundbar. You will find the jack on the side of the subwoofer
- Plugin the power cord of the subwoofer to an available electrical socket
- Play the audio through the soundbar to see if it’s working
How to connect a subwoofer to a Philips soundbar?
There are two methods you can use:
Plugin the soundbar and subwoofer into a power outlet and press on the unit or remote control to switch the unit ON. The subwoofer will get connected automatically. While pairing, the subwoofer Pair indicator will blink fast.
- Unplug both the units from the main socket and again plug them after 3 minutes
- Press and hold the Pair button on the side of the subwoofer for a few seconds. You will see the Pair indicator blinking fast
- Then press the power button on the unit or remote control to switch on the unit. At this stage, the pairing indicator will become steady
If the pairing indicator still blinks, repeat stages 1 & 3.
How to connect a subwoofer to soundbar Vizio?
When a Vizio wireless woofer stops functioning, it’s due to a Bluetooth connection loss with the soundbar. Re-pairing the same will run the devices smoothly.
The process is straightforward.
- Turn in the subwoofer
- Long press the pairing button at the back of the woofer for a few seconds until the LED starts to blink. Release the pairing button at this stage
- Next, press and hold the power button placed at the top of the soundbar for five seconds. You will see the LED on the soundbar flashing thrice to show that the pairing is successful
- Now release the power button and play the audio to check if the devices are working
How to connect a subwoofer to soundbar LG?
The process does not take more than 5 minutes.
- Begin by connecting the power cord of the soundbar unit and the woofer unit to the wall power outlet
- Turn on the main unit and the wireless subwoofer unit. At this stage, the LED lights on the subwoofer start blinking
This shows that the soundbar and subwoofer are connected automatically.
- In the first step, set the volume to a minimum. If your model has a full display, the volume should be visible on the screen. If you are using an older model, you will notice a red light on the soundbar
- Long press and hold the mute button on the remote for a few seconds. At this point, a WL Reset message will appear on the screen. If you have a model without a screen, you will notice a red light blink constantly
- Search the back of the woofer and locate the pairing button. Press and hold the pairing button for 5 seconds. Now the LED light on the subwoofer blinks green and red alternatingly, showing its connected
Soundbars have significantly improved over the years, and manufacturers are really stepping on the paddle for bringing in innovative changes. However, it has been noted that many prefer to have their soundbars paired with subwoofers, and if you are one of them, this article should answer your queries.