If you own a soundbar, you know how important it is to clean it regularly; otherwise, the sound of your entertainment system might be muffled, killing the entire purpose of owning a soundbar.
Thankfully, cleaning a soundbar is easy, and you can do it on your own at home without hiring professional help.
You can clean a soundbar effectively with these few steps. These include:
- Cleaning the exterior of the soundbar with a soft microfiber damp cloth
- Using a soft-bristle brush or vacuum cleaner to get rid of the loose dust from the interior
- Cleaning the grille with a lint brush to take out pet hair or the bigger debris
The entire process of cleaning your soundbar should not take more than 15-30 minutes, which is time well invested, given the sound quality, you will get post-cleaning.
Below I will explain several ways and methods to clean a soundbar. I had also written a cleaning guide on multiple brands and models, do check them.
In This Post
Common method on How to clean dust from soundbar:
The following tips should help you get your soundbar squeaky clean and dust-free. These steps are often common steps to clean all the soundbars.
- While wiping the soundbar, use a microfiber cloth as regular ones with coarse grains will harm the speaker’s finish
- Do not use any chemicals while cleaning your soundbar
- It’s advisable to use a dry microfiber cloth while cleaning the interiors of the soundbar
- Clean the mesh using a lint roller and use an up and down motion
- Though you can use canned air to get rid of loose dust from the soundbar, such canned air can contain chemicals. Therefore, if you don’t use it carefully, it might damage your speaker.
- As a rule of thumb, keep the bottle leveled while using canned air. If you use the bottle upside-down or at an angle, the chemical-filled air might directly hit the speaker, damaging it. However, if such an issue does happen, use a damp cloth to remove the residue.
How do you clean a fabric soundbar?
While most soundbars are made out of wood or plastic, they have a thin cloth covering the front. This is placed to keep dust out and for general decoration purposes. Besides, this grille cloth attracts dust, pet hair, and other debris which might get inside the speaker. However, it’s essential to clean this grille cloth periodically.
For this, use the furniture brush attachment of your vacuum cleaner and lightly vacuum the speaker’s outside to remove any loose dirt. Then, wipe the grille cloth with a towel. If you have large pieces of debris or pet hair sticking out of the grille cloth, use a lint roller.
You can also use a damp cloth to get rid of stubborn stains. However, ensure that no water seeps inside the speaker. It’s advisable to detach the fabric before using a damp towel on it.
How to clean soundbar mesh?
If you have mesh speakers or soundbars, clean them regularly lest the dust and allergens spread. Additionally, a dirty soundbar mesh will not allow it to produce sound to its optimum capacity.
Thankfully, the mesh can be cleaned:
- Remove the speaker mesh by gently pulling from both sides till the mesh cover pops open
- Use the upholstery attachment of your vacuum to dust the cover thoroughly
- Gently wash the mesh in a bathtub full of soapy water. Make sure you squish the soapy water out after cleaning the mesh
- Run the mesh under the shower and hold it until the soapy water is removed
- Allow the mesh to stand upright till the covers dry overnight
- Attach the mesh again
Bonus: Before getting into the process, use a fine bristle brush and compressed air to remove the loose dirt from the mesh. You can also use a small amount of water and scrub to clean the mesh if you are not comfortably saturating it.
Ensure that the mesh is completely dry before reattaching it to the speaker, as any remaining moisture will prove damaging to the soundbar.
How to clean a yamaha soundbar?
- Before getting to the cleaning part, make sure you have unplugged a device from the AC point
- If the soundbar surface is dusty and has fingerprints, use a light cleaning solution on a moist microfiber towel and then use it to wipe the surface gently
- Use a cotton swab to clean the dials, knobs, connectors, and terminals
- If the vents and fans are dirty, you can use a can of compressed air to vacuum these areas softly. However, make sure the chemicals from the vacuums don’t enter the interior of the speaker
- Remove the grilles and gently use a link roller or a soft vacuum brush over the fabric to remove any dust. It’s essential to be very gentle during this process lest the fabric might get stretched
How to clean the Samsung soundbar?
Avoid using any material that is too coarse or abrasive, like paper towels or ammonia-based solutions, while cleaning your soundbar. After unplugging your soundbar apply a small amount of cleaning solution on any soft or microfiber cloth and wipe the surface gently.
If you see dust and dirt gathered around the knob, connectors, and terminals, use a cotton swab to clean these areas. Next, try a blast of compressed air or a soft vacuum brush to clean the dust and debris from the fans and vents.
The grille panel does not need frequent cleaning; doing it once in a while to get rid of any buildup is good enough.
How to clean sonos soundbar?
While cleaning your Sonos soundbar, make sure you use a soft, dry, and lint-free fabric. However, if you have dark smudges on the soundbar fabric, you can use a soft cloth dampened in a mild soapy solution.
Even while cleaning the exterior of the soundbar, do not use any chemicals or solvents like isopropyl alcohol or paint thinner as they will damage the look of the soundbar.
There are some rules to follow while cleaning the fabric grille on the Soundbar. To start, use a vacuum cleaner with a hose or any bristle attachments. Also, use a lint brush to smooth out any line.
However, it’s advisable not to use a lint roller as they leave glue residue on the fabric.
How to clean the Bose soundbar 700?
The following steps should help you clean your Bose soundbar:
- First, unplug the soundbar from the power source before using a damp cloth for safety purposes. It’s not advisable to use any spray near the system.
- Dampen a soft microfiber cloth and gently wipe the outside of the soundbar. You can opt for any lint-free cloth, diaper cloth, old but clean T-shirt. Ideally, avoid all course material. If you use a wet cloth, it is sure to leave moisture marks all over the exterior of the soundbar.
- Use a furniture hose on the vacuum to get loose dust from the grille. However, be very gentle while doing this; you do not want to take the entire speaker apart. Also, you need not vacuum the inside of the soundbar too often; it’s only advisable to do it when you have a buildup.
Note: Bose does not recommend taking out the grille to clean the drivers because it might invalidate the warranty.
Cleaning your soundbar will take your entertainment experience to the next level. The best part about cleaning your soundbar at home is that you can use all household items for the purpose. This is not only effective but is also highly budget-friendly.