Gaming today has shifted from outdoors to indoors, and that has led to the booming of video games like Xbox, PS4 and through computers, laptops, and even the square screen mobile phones. In the current generation from children to youth to adults, everybody is addicted to gameplay and monitoring that wireless adapters have crept into the Indian market.
Also, read: Best Wifi Router In India
Now gaming doesn’t happen with low speed or lagging, and here is where the wireless technology came handy. Just one USB or PCIe device can help to achieve all the speed and streaming from one corner of the room.
Be it a USB dongle or an internal desktop card plucking off the best wifi adapter for gaming India, from the market can be a pretty hard challenge as there are so many in numbers.
But these wireless adapters are indeed overwhelming when compared with the messy cable cords or Ethernet from a broadband connection.
The Alfa AWUS036ACH is one of the products which bears all the significant characteristics that one can search for in a best wireless adapter including its price. The unanimous verdict of the product has to be the speed it offers, which is 1 Gbps which is top-notch for gaming without lags, HD streaming, downloading and so much more.
The TP-Link Wi-Fi 6 AX3000 is an excellent PCIe card to buy at its affordable price range which serves the fundamental purpose of the internet requirement for anybody given the speed it offers.
Apart from that, the Asus AC1900 PCE AC68 Dual-Band Wireless PCI-E Adapter is another good option to go for as it comes with the best PCIe wifi card along with the 5th generation 802.11ac chipset gives you dual-band, 2.4GHz/5GHz for up to super-fast 1.30Gbps that would support high-end gaming.
Below I mentioned a few features to look at before buying, which helps you to pick one without getting lured by the marketing gimmicks.
Factors to consider when buying wireless adapters (PCIe or Usb):
A well-researched list of adapters have been added to this article; it is definitely going to answer all your doubts about wireless adapters and the technology. It might even enhance your ideas on the same and change your mind to go for the best.
All you need to do is go through the article minutely and get answers to all your questions starting from the brand, detailed product, honest reviews, and FAQs given below.
Best wifi adapter for gaming India 2021
Here is a table of the best wifi adapter for gaming in india, these products are the best in the market now and these are ranked considering all the points discussed above and their types, their best use, compatibility rate with devices as well as speed, frequency rate, protocols, and built quality along with the purpose it is best suited to for good usage.
|Product||Transfer Speed||Bands Support||Buy Now|
|1. Alfa AWUS036ACH Wireless Adapter|
|867 Mbps||Dual Band(2.4/5 Ghz)|
|2. TP-Link Wi-Fi 6 AX3000 PCIe WiFi Card||2400 Mbps||Dual Band|
|3. TP-Link Archer T9UH AC1900 Wireless USB Adapter||1300 Mbps||Dual Band|
|4. Netgear Nighthawk AC1900 Wi-Fi USB Adapter||1300 Mbps||Dual Band|
|5. Asus AC1900 PCE AC68 Wireless PCI-E Adapter||1.30 Gbps||Dual Band|
|6. TP-Link UE300C USB RJ45 Network Adapter||-||-|
|7. MERCUSYS N300 Wireless High Gain USB Adapter||300||Single|
Now, let us understand each product in-detail.
The Alfa AWUS036ACH is the best wifi adapter for Kali Linux which has a dual-band 802.11ac picks great range from afar and provides a substantial uninterrupted speed up to 300 Mbps and 867Mbps with frequencies 2.4GHz and 5.0GHz respectively.
Even though its USB 2.0 is backwards compatible and works just fine, but it works best with a USB 3.0 port which transmits a greater speed.
The Alfa AWUS036ACH is packed with the Adapter, Driver CD, Clips, Cable, Quick Start Guide, and two 5dBi Antennas.
Moreover, this adapter supports wireless protocols range from 802.11ac to 802.11a, 802.11b, 802.11g, and 802.11n. and monitor mode and packet injection work perfectly with both N and AC.
- Easy to install.
- Wide range of networks.
- Uninterrupted signal.
- Stable and reliable.
- Runs smoothly with still supportive Linux, Windows, and OSX distributions
- Proficient Monitor Mode and Packet Injection.
- Value for money.
- USB 3.0 isn’t present in old computers or laptops.
- Concurrent disconnection with Windows 10 and MAC.
- Loses connection frequently after using a year.
- Driver issue on monitor mode.
- Doesn’t ‘plug and play’ in most distros(Linux).
Also, read: Best webcam with microphone in india
TP-Link Wi-Fi 6 AX3000 PCIe WiFi Card is the best wifi adapter for pc gaming. The latest technology of Wifi 6 is designed with Archer TX3000E which is compatible with the latest Bluetooth 5.0 making it the best PCIe wifi card with Bluetooth, thus helping to liberate, optimise and discover the missing component of the gaming arsenal.
With a continuous flow of Wi-Fi through 1024-QAM and a 160 MHz bandwidth, it delivers a powerful speed of 3x making the PC perform to its peak. Its fine crafting of specialized heartsink and gold plating prevents heating up, resists oxidation, and delivers a superior network experience.
The lower latency reduces lagging up to 75% with the revolutionary OFDMA. The same technology combines the PCI wifi card with MU-MIMO further allowing more devices to communicate without an uninterrupted speed.
Inside the package, it has the T4E wifi adaptor, 2xAntenna, Low-Profile Bracket, Driver CD, and a user guide. The installation is easy by just the ‘plug and plays’ process, and then Windows 10 will detect it (without internet). For better support, one can download the latest driver from the tp-link website and install it.
- Wide-length signal reception.
- Supports Ubuntu(18.04) and Windows 10 without any additional drivers installed.
- Works with the latest OS.
- Superior built quality.
- Provided with an extra card riser.
- An express slot with the best PCIe wifi card.
- AC models provide better speed than a/b/g/n at the same price.
- Chipset not mentioned in the product description.
- Need to search drivers that work with Windows 10 64-bit.
- Low profile and full height Brackets missing.
The Archer T9UH maintains good transmission speeds even at a reasonable distance from router and obstacles present in-between the router and the adapter with the help of four high-gain antennas.
It is very compatible with all devices and the best wifi adapter for Windows 10 which needs no installation of drivers but only “plug and play”.
This nano-sized USB wifi adapter comes very handy; its flexible design makes it easy to find a space.
AC1900 dual-band gives 3x faster speed than wireless N and wireless AC technology.
- Plug and Play for Windows 10.
- Comes with a high gain external antenna.
- Supports WPS.
- Helps to connect to Bluetooth in PCs or laptops which doesn’t have in-built Bluetooth.
- Allows WiFi mirroring/miracast.
- WiFi Hotspot and ad hoc network modes.
- External antenna folds on top to give it a profile of a Pendrive.
- Assists MU-MIMO.
- No proper instructional video for installation on LINUX.
- No USB extension cable provided.
- Delicate built.
- Poor performance on 2.4 GHz.
Lag-free gaming or HD video streaming has been made possible by the Netgear Nighthawk AC1900 Wi-Fi USB Adapter (A7000), Netgear Nighthawk AC1900 which has a dual-band connection that gives up-to 600Mbps on 2.4GHz and 1300Mbps on 5.0GHz.
Its four internal high-gain antennas are the key to its high performance along with 3X4 MIMO design which comes with more bandwidth capacity when downloading or uploading data from wireless networks.
The reliability of this USB wifi adapter comes from the WPS button whose one-touch allows fast and secure connection as it connects to any Best Wifi router.
- Unique in the market.
- Unbeatable in terms of price and performance.
- Strong base magnetic cradle.
- Easy to install.
- Works at its advertised speed.
- The quick start guide comes in the package.
- Switching to USB 2.0/3.0 leads to network fluctuations.
- Supports from OS 10.8-10.14
- The included software is poorly optimized, which causes constant disconnection.
- Major flaws in the design.
Also, read: Best drawing tablet in india
If you’re looking for an internal wifi card for the desktop to get rid of the messy Ethernet cables, then the Asus AC1900 PCE AC68 is the best wifi adapter for PC in India.
The flexible antenna with a magnetic base allows proper positioning of the router and also enable it to catch long-distant signals.
It uses Broadcom’s next-generation wifi 802.11ac chipset which helps to reach a speed of 1.30Gbps making it the best wifi adapter for hacking, through 5Ghz band as it is three times faster than 802.11n Wi-Fi.
Three external antennas and high-power beam packing with two-way transmission facility extend the wifi range and eliminates dead spots at any location offering coverage up to 150%, making uninterrupted HD streaming and multiplayer run smoothly.
The package is equipped with the PCI-Express card, three antennas, the magnetic antenna base, the setup disc, some manuals and a bracket. It also guarantees three years of warranty from the date of purchase.
- Very easy to install and set-up.
- Easy configuration of networks in the area.
- Learn signal strength, data rate from WPS.
- Delivers maximum possible speed.
- Speeds up to 1.30 Gbps.
- Compact sized card fits easily in the computer case.
- Driver support only for Windows 7 and Windows 8.
- No setup.exe file with a friendly wizard to use.
- On the pricey corner.
- Cannot be turned into a hotspot with antennas hooked in or CAT6 cable.
- Frequent reconnecting.
Also, read: Best external ssd in india
The TL-Link UE300C is the best wifi adapter for laptop, tablet and most USB-C powered web devices to make the wired networks in vicinity accessible.
It’s Gigabit Ethernet port which executes speed up to 1000Mbps is ideal for the present generation which is fast and prefers powerful and high-speed gaming without lagging and unstoppable HD video streaming.
It’s pocket-size, and lightweight makes it compact and less space-consuming, which is the cherry on the cake as it comes with portability, hence providing mobility.
- Good build quality.
- No drop-in bandwidth, consistent connection.
- Can be folded and tucked at the bottom.
- USB and LAN plugs fit in perfectly.
- LAN speeds up to 900mbps easily.
- Performs at maximum speed even with multiple devices connected.
- Interferes with 2.4 GHz devices.
- Incompatible with macOS Mojave.
- Connection/hub wire is short.
- Only one USB notification light shines.
The MERCUSYS MW300UH N300 Wireless High Gain USB Adapter is the best wifi adapter for desktop as it comes with a cable that can be easily connected to the Hard Disk, unlike many slot-inserted adapters. Hence, it can be placed anywhere near the router to enjoy the speed, according to the convenience.
The adapter is equipped with two 5dbi high-gain antennas which not only boost network speed up to 300Mbps but also ensure in retaining a wide range of signals from stable wired connections around, transmitting the signal at the same time.
The MERCUSYS MW300UH N300 has an operating system which is compatible with devices like Windows XP/7/8/8.1/10 making it an ideal wifi card for pc.
The package comes with a CD inside that has a straightforward interface and lucid instructions for the installation of the adapter.
- Appreciable design.
- Good reception by the 5dbi antennas.
- Auto installed on Windows 10.
- Small and less space-consuming.
- Installation CD with a simple interface.
- Easy to install, quick to connect.
- Product just as expected.
- Matches all the descriptions from its box.
- Frequent network fluctuation.
- Doesn’t catch the 5Ghz network.
- Inadequate response from the company.
- Can’t receive the signal from afar.
Above mentioned is a versatile list of best wifi adapter for gaming. In present days where the Internet plays a major role, adapters are a crucial need in our day-to-day lives. And when it comes to gaming-fanatics, a slow or lagging network is just not a choice.
Anybody planning to get a dongle or router can easily go through the description above, and it will just get easy for them to choose the best of the lot pertaining to their requirement of speed and other features.
Frequently Asked Questions on the best gaming adaptor in India
1. Are Wi-Fi adapters good for gaming?
Yes, it does. Whereas a Wi-Fi dongle is a “plug and plays” device, a Wi-Fi hotspot is a pocket-sized wireless modem. It functions by emitting a Wi-Fi signal providing internet instead of plugging in a desktop or laptop. Lastly, a Wi-Fi router works similarly to a Wi-Fi hotspot modem by connecting to several network technologies such as Infiniband, Gigabit Ethernet, and RAID.
2. Are Wi-Fi cards better than USB?
This debate, when it comes to the best wifi adapter for gaming, is quite old given that both USB wifi and PCIe cards have their own merits. Die-hard gamers prefer PCI-E wireless cards for their uncompromising speed and stability, whereas the new age USB wireless adapters offer portability and decent speed with 3.0 USB ports.
3. Should I get a Wifi motherboard?
Some motherboards come with in-built Wifi connectivity, but they don’t have an excellent reputation. Thus it is better to get a separate card for better performance. Although if you have Ethernet ports which suffice the gaming PC quite nicely, a Pci Wifi card would be enough to connect to the internet.